Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts

Default Market DL probs in GB

Ever since upgrading to Gingerbread, whenever i try to download applications from the market it takes forever, constantly stopping and starting when connected to wifi. I noticed that whenever this happens, the wifi indicator goes from being blue to white.

any suggestions.

Global Posts
    1,465 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2

Well if your wi-fi bars go from all blue to all white, Im thinking that means your losing wi-fi connectivity aka your signal strength is not strong enough to support the download. Stand closer to the source and watch your indicator before you attempt any downloads
    Yea, I'm still rockin' a Gnex. The signal strength/quality sucks, but hey, it's not two years old yet.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyboy357 View Post
    Well if your wi-fi bars go from all blue to all white, Im thinking that means your losing wi-fi connectivity aka your signal strength is not strong enough to support the download. Stand closer to the source and watch your indicator before you attempt any downloads
    I'll try standing closer to test, but i'm using it in a location where i have always used it without any problem. It only started happening since upgrading.

When it's blue, does that mean you're connected to google services? cause when it turns white, it begins downloading again. But it's the constant switching from white to blue that pausing the dl.

Global Posts
    1,465 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2

If your bars are blue, that means your connected to wi-fi. Well, on mine, if I connect to wi-fi, the signal bars are all 4 blue aka full strength. If I waiver far from the source router, I lose one bar which makes it go white. Thats about all I could tell ya
    Yea, I'm still rockin' a Gnex. The signal strength/quality sucks, but hey, it's not two years old yet.

I had the same issue yesterday but all seems well today. Could it have been a bad day with the Market being overloaded? There are quite a few of us loading up GB and re-downloading things so give it a day or two and see if it improves for you.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zahl View Post
    I had the same issue yesterday but all seems well today. Could it have been a bad day with the Market being overloaded? There are quite a few of us loading up GB and re-downloading things so give it a day or two and see if it improves for you.
    It's weird, i just tried standing close to the router and it didn't do it. I will have to test at my two other locations to in fact verify that that is what it is. If that is the case though, it's stupid that everytime it looses or gains a bad it disconnects. Guess that's what you get in a leak.

I'm thinking of going back to froyo until offical GB. I'll miss you GB

Try this before flashing back as I have read it helps; go into your router settings and specify the cipher type to TKIP. If you have the option of selecting both TKIP and AES try that first.

Ok after pulling my hair out for a few days with this issue I have narrowed it down to WPA and WPA2 protection causing the issue with GB WiFi. I guess the GB leak is not ready yet for those. Using wifi on open or WEP-only protected networks is flawless. I tested the crap out of this; try it out if you haven't figured it out already