1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default keep X or get Thunderbolt

I just signed a 2 year contract and was wondering if I should pay another $100 and get the thunderbolt.

Other people would probably have something to say about it, but for me if I were in an area that has 4g or soon to be 4g I would upgrade to the TB, otherwise the X is great.

DON'T DO IT!! The thunderbolt has very poor battery life!! I just returned mine on wed. For the following reasons bad battery life 4-5 hours medium usage on 4g OR LESS!!, buggy had to do at least 6 restarts the 13 days i had it to get the mobile data working to get on the internet, and finally it would randomly restart itself it did that to me 4 times one of the times i was in the middle of a phone call and another time it turned itself off for no reason. I got a new Droid X nocontract on ebay for 250 and I am going to use the X until the Motorola Droid Bionic comes out it has a 1930mah battery more power efficient guts and a higher res screen and dual core. The damn thunderbolt only has a 1400mh battery pack!! The verzion stores solution when I complained about the **** poor battery life was and I quote "you can buy the extended battery and it will last longer" but the extended battery adds weight and about a little over a 1/4inch hump to the back of the phone! The battery life on 4g and in general was a deal breaker for me. HTC has been famous for bad battery life and choosing the wrong size batteries for their phones. I loved HTC Sense UI but didnt want to get stuck with a phone that doesnt have all the kinks worked out yet

And yes the screen brightness was at 35%, background data sync was off, blockbuster app disabled, bluetooth gps wifi were all off.
    Last edited by D850; 04-02-2011 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by D850 View Post
    DON'T DO IT!! The thunderbolt has very poor battery life!! I just returned mine on wed. For the following reasons bad battery life 4-5 hours medium usage on 4g OR LESS!!, buggy had to do at least 6 restarts the 13 days i had it to get the mobile data working to get on the internet, and finally it would randomly restart itself it did that to me 4 times one of the times i was in the middle of a phone call and another time it turned itself off for no reason. I got a new Droid X nocontract on ebay for 250 and I am going to use the X until the Motorola Droid Bionic comes out it has a 1930mah battery more power efficient guts and a higher res screen and dual core. The damn thunderbolt only has a 1400mh battery pack!! The verzion stores solution when I complained about the **** poor battery life was and I quote "you can buy the extended battery and it will last longer" but the extended battery adds weight and about a little over a 1/4inch hump to the back of the phone! The battery life on 4g and in general was a deal breaker for me. HTC has been famous for bad battery life and choosing the wrong size batteries for their phones. I loved HTC Sense UI but didnt want to get stuck with a phone that doesnt have all the kinks worked out yet
    Yeah and my X will turn off in the middle of calls, force close using Google search. Sometimes it wont close an application when I get a call and I cannot take the call. Get the Thunderbolt. I'm sure it's a better phone. After I'm done with the X I'm done with Motorola. They make cool phones but don't do much testing and you end up with the problems every single X owner has. Terrible customer service with reps that have no idea how to use the phone. Buggy!!! LOL. Thats funny complaining about other phones being buggy when you have an X.

Quote Originally Posted by jak112460 View Post
    Yeah and my X will turn off in the middle of calls, force close using Google search. Sometimes it wont close an application when I get a call and I cannot take the call. Get the Thunderbolt. I'm sure it's a better phone. After I'm done with the X I'm done with Motorola. They make cool phones but don't do much testing and you end up with the problems every single X owner has. Terrible customer service with reps that have no idea how to use the phone. Buggy!!! LOL. Thats funny complaining about other phones being buggy when you have an X.
    No i was not talking about the Droid X!!! I was talking about the the HTC THUNDERBOLT!!!!!!!!

I'm done with Motorola until they dump Blur. I upgraded from an X to the Thunderbolt. The first thing you will notice is how much smoother and faster sense is than blur.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by D850 View Post
    No i was not talking about the Droid X!!! I was talking about the the HTC THUNDERBOLT!!!!!!!!
    I was making the point that compared to the X the Thunderbolt is a dream. Get the Thunderbolt.

OH WELL I guess people here on this thread like the thunderbolt that has VERY poor battery life and is full of bugs. Oh well I tried to help but nobody seems interested in listening!

I had a Thunderbolt for 13days but i returned it on the 13th day that was enough for me I'll wait till they get all the bugs out of it. Or I will get the Droid Bionic or whichever 4g phone has better battery life.

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts

Keep the X and wait for the Bionic.

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    ROM
    bugless beast

I would keep the Droid x. If you want a 4G phone wait for the Bionic or Galaxy S 2.

The droid X is nice and is better with Gingerbread, Gingerbread Motoblur is much smoother than 2.2.1 version but I have to say I got a chance to use the Thunderbolt and I was impressed with the devices performance. Both devices have its good and bad so its a judgment call depending on the features you prefer... I use the HDMI to much to get Thunderbolt because they decided to not place it on the TB.
    Samsung S3
    Time to feel the POWER...