Make a Switch to Fascinate

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
With the X soon to receive GB, why would someone go back to 2.1 -- even before Froyo? Not for me, although I know many who are very happy with the Fascinate. The X still has my vote, despite so many others being released since the X. In my mind, most of the newer phones don't compare. I'll be staying with the X for quite some time ... at least until LTE arrives in this area, which won't be for some time because it's not a metro area.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't do it because the Droid X is a superior device, I have co workers that bought a Fascinate and was anything buy fascinated, they reported they regreted not doing the DROID x. I thought device was trying to hard to be a phone that really made my not like it even more.

en28so

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Before I got my X, I tried the fascinate at the vz store. It felt like a toy because of all the plastic. I'm much happier with my X that feels like a tank.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I remember one day I found some webpage from some tech review that listed all of the known bugs in the fascinate upon launch mind you. I cant remember the count, but it looked as if every function in that phone had a reported bug. If it were true(the possibility of it bieng or not was enough to keep me away), even if Sammy said ok ok well fix it, it never would have been what consumers wanted, the best. That is the Droid X. My X. Your X. Their X.
To answer your question, no I would not and there is why.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I remember one day I found some webpage from some tech review that listed all of the known bugs in the fascinate upon launch mind you. I cant remember the count, but it looked as if every function in that phone had a reported bug. If it were true(the possibility of it bieng or not was enough to keep me away), even if Sammy said ok ok well fix it, it never would have been what consumers wanted, the best. That is the Droid X. My X. Your X. Their X.
To answer your question, no I would not and there is why.

I was eagerly awaiting the release of the fascinate but then I read all of the problems with other Galaxy S devices and changed my mind, that's when I bought the Droid 2. I would have gotten the X back then but it was always on back order and my Omnia was really getting on my nerves.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I had the Fascinate and called Verizon to complain about the fact that it still does not have Froyo. They offered me a refurbished X and I'm very happy. I really loved the hardware on the Fascinate but the support sucks and GPS never worked right. I like the X so much that I'm now waiting for the Bionic. With Go Launcher over Blur it doesn't bother me at all.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
yeah i owned both for several months, and found the fascinate better for me ran smoother looked better. DX had more updates but the screen depressed me. it wasnt as smooth and with a locked bootloader the options for a complete custom kernel was non existent but that is just my opinion and you know what they say about those.

As far as GPS it got me back and forth from Jersey to Georgia and back many times over.

qudwls6933

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Fasinate is a very phone too
just not wanting to go to eclair..
if Fasinate had froyo or maybe gb,
the possibily.. sure..
i was using d1 and wanted to change phone..
i looked into dx incredible and fasinate..
but froyo, 4.3inch. came to me so
i picked dx at the end..
i'm happy now ^^

jnewell

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
If you had a chance to switch to the Samsung Fascinate would you do it and Why? Or why not?

Diesel Droid X via Tapatalk
Please visit Droid Dessert • Index page

I have and still use both so I think I'm pretty well qualified to opine on this.

The DX has a better screen, a better GPS and a better phone (LOL, does anyone use the phone any more?).

The SF is smaller, lighter and I like the capacitive buttons better than the clickies on the DX.

Both of mine came with 16gb cards, though the DX is currently shipping with 2gb.

Blur and TW both stink - both are easy to replace.

DX gets much more pocket time than the SF for me.

DieselBB

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I have and still use both so I think I'm pretty well qualified to opine on this.

The DX has a better screen, a better GPS and a better phone (LOL, does anyone use the phone any more?).

The SF is smaller, lighter and I like the capacitive buttons better than the clickies on the DX.

Both of mine came with 16gb cards, though the DX is currently shipping with 2gb.

Blur and TW both stink - both are easy to replace.

DX gets much more pocket time than the SF for me.

Have is the 2gb on the fascinate compare to the 8gb on the DX? Is it that much of a difference?

Diesel Droid X via Tapatalk
Please visit www.droiddessert.com/forum/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12