Refurb Droid X vs. Thunderbolt

bigcanoe

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I am looking at getting a new plan with Verizon. I am trying to decide between a HTC Thunderbolt on 1 year contract or a refurb Droid X on a 1 year contract. I have a coupon that works with the Droid X (but not the Thunderbolt). Price is $119 for the refurb Droid X and $249 for the Thunderbolt. Is the T worth the extra $130?

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
This is a level of judgement of what you prefer... The Droid X is a very nice unit and I have enjoyed owning the device, now on the same note I think the TB also is a nice device but it lacks one feature that is important for me... HDMI out option because I visit friends houses and I usually have Digital Copies of videos that we watch on their 50 inch tv, I would miss doing this and also I show family photos a d videos on my HDTV that the family really love.

If the TB had this option I would be on it.. :)

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Do you have LTE coverage in your area?
Front facing camera important to you?

If not then get the DX but if those are selling points for you then get the TB.

damule6666

Banned
Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
And save your coupon!

If your starting a new line of service use Amazon wireless . com
I just got two(2) brand new DX's with the 16 GIG card for 0.02 No strings just 2 cents..

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
My wife wants a phone without a data plan, so we were looking at the Kin TwoM . Amazon wireless doest have them.

There is a reason why, those phone even the manufacture turned their backs on the device for support. But as long as it works for your needs that is all that matters.

One more thing about TB, the battery life has been reported as horrible.

bigcanoe

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
There is a reason why, those phone even the manufacture turned their backs on the device for support. But as long as it works for your needs that is all that matters.

One more thing about TB, the battery life has been reported as horrible.

Ya, the feature phone selection sucks...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781