Auto locking Screen

CrystalRavyn

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Is there a hack or hidden menu to disable the slide lock? My husband has the Samsung Fascinate and he found a hidden menu hack online that allowed him to turn off the auto slide lock. None of the unlock apps seem to work

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Is there a hack or hidden menu to disable the slide lock? My husband has the Samsung Fascinate and he found a hidden menu hack online that allowed him to turn off the auto slide lock. None of the unlock apps seem to work

There isn't any hacks but NoLock (https://market.android.com/details?id=org.jraf.android.nolock) has worked well for a number of users, I am using it with no issues, it doesn't suppress the lock slider after reboot but once you slide it the first time you wont see it again until a reboot again.

untappedalloy

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
The problem with apps that disable the lock screen is that any button can unlock the screen. Even the easily depressible camera button can unlock the device! No good for me.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
+1 - it's dangerous to have the screen unlocked all the time. Your X might be making its own phone calls and anything can happen when the slightest touch will activate whatever is close by.

Take a look at Widget Locker app in the Market. You can customize the lock screen with your personal selections of shortcuts and/or widgets, wallpaper and different kinds of un-lock swipe widgets. These you can activate with a touch without going through the unlock process. Very cool.

Personally, I like the rotary unlock that makes it actually fun to unlock. This app might make the difference for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol