Launcher pro on the X uninstall question

DroidyMcDroid

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I want to try this app out. My question is : does a new launcher remove the stock launcher? if I decide I'd rather use my stock settings on my X can I simply uninstall the new launcher as easily as a normal app and my phone will be just like it was prior to installing the new launcher?

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
It does not remove the stock launcher, it simply lays over the stock one. If you decide you prefer the stock simply uninstall launcher pro. My guess is you will love Launcher Pro!

*******Make sure all your screens are blank and remove any widgets prior to setting up launcher pro.

Reactions: DroidyMcDroid

DroidyMcDroid

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
It does not remove the stock launcher, it simply lays over the stock one. If you decide you prefer the stock simply uninstall launcher pro. My guess is you will love Launcher Pro!

*******Make sure all your screens are blank and remove any widgets prior to setting up launcher pro.

why do i need to make sure all my screens are blank and remove all my widgets? do i need to remove app shortcut icons too?

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
When you first Launch it, the system will ask you which program you want to use as your default launcher. Click Launcher Pro and it will just lay on top of the stock one until u unchecck make this default in app settings. Thats for any app that is a twin of the stock. Once you chose Launcher Pro as your default, the stock will stay the way it is, like underneath it.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
why do i need to make sure all my screens are blank and remove all my widgets? do i need to remove app shortcut icons too?

You want to clear your stock launcher's screens of widgets and shortcuts if you are going to keep the Launcher Pro (Plus = paid version -- well worth it). You do NOT want unused widgets operating in the background, draining your battery and also possibly creating conflicts with the LPP.

You can also download the free app Home Switcher from the Market where you can go back and forth at will between stock and dl launchers. Also, you can set or change the default launcher using this app.

I also recommend that, after installation of the new launcher, you do a battery pull (battery out, wait 60 seconds, put battery back, turn on). Gives the X a chance to settle in.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes that is an app with widgets that can be added to your home screen(s) which is on your launcher. +1 on Beautiful Widgets, great stuff, I use it myself w the animation add-on.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I've been using LPP+ for awhile and I love it. But lately, when I'm on the browser and I press "home" it keeps restarting LPP+. Has anyone else had this issue and/or know how to fix it? Thanks!

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
BTW, with the most recent update to the Launcher Pro Plus app, you can change the way the home screens transition one to the other.

AND, with a dock you can rotate and have 15 app shortcuts PLUS 15 more swipe shortcuts and up to 7 home screens .... VERY hard to beat!!! Lovin' it. Like having a brand new X whenever you inspired to change things around. All kinds of customization.