Droid newbie

heatherm08

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I just got my droid x 2 days ago. I am a switched . Blackberry user i had the Blackberry tour for 2 years. Granted it had its issues but all the emails went through and all my info got sent Ive done everything I can to get my email to work on the Droid x It still wont. i have to go on the browser to check .it .....would the droid incredible be any better or the samsung fascinate?? If this issue cant be fixed with a droid ill go back to Blackberry ive got 14 days to make up my mind on this phone and so far the emails my only issue

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Check two places to enable sync of info...

Settings > Data Manager > Data Delivery (make sure all boxes are checked)

Settings > Accounts > your gmail account > Make sure all the "sync" boxes are checked there

Then, while still in the accounts settings, hit menu and click sync now. You should be good to go after this.

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
A little more info would be helpful. What email are you trying to get to the phone? GMail, Yahoo, Hotmail, work email, school email??? The setup process are different because of the servers and protocols those different email providers will use.

heatherm08

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I do know how to work it. Even Verizon couldn't fix it I have a live.com email and a gmail. And neither recieves emails I have to go onli.e.and check them. Its irritating. Im still debating trying something new. How is the email function on the droid 2 or iphone4

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I do know how to work it. Even Verizon couldn't fix it I have a live.com email and a gmail. And neither recieves emails I have to go onli.e.and check them. Its irritating. Im still debating trying something new. How is the email function on the droid 2 or iphone4

Droid 2 will function just about exactly the same as the X. Same hardware and software for the most part, only difference is the size and keyboard. From a home screen, hit the menu button, touch settings, touch accounts and sync. Make sure your Gmail account appears and is set to sync. Make sure background data is also set to sync.

Follow these instructions for Hotmail. Direct from Moto.
https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48622/~/droid-x---hotmail

This is an Android forum, so I doubt you'll find a whole lot of info on the iPhone 4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol