AC Confirmed Reports yet?

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
ok i DL the file, unzipped it, (i tried to remae it but gave me a warning that if i did it wouldn't work) then moved it to my SD card. I then renamed it.
Cut off my phone got the android guy w/ the ! and then i tried to load it and i get a message that the file can't be found. what does that mean? also it won't load it.

dont unzip the file. leave it as a .zip file and rename it "update". thats the only way your phone will recognize it

Finsol

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
SBF'd from Liberty 2.0.1, manually installed OTA and now rocking the new official Gingerbread release, man it feels good to be a DX owner :D.

We are basically the first phone to be upgraded to Gingerbread aside from the Nexus brands and that should tell you something regarding our phones status.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Was hoping I wouldn't have to wipe don't wanna lose my data :/

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

this is why im probably going to wait for root to be achieved before flashing this. because im a lazy bum and would rather have titanium restore my apps for me rather than doing it myself :)

AtanRaca

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
So i have officially decided to wait i=until the OTA gets pushed to my phone. I just can't seem to figure out how to get the file transferred to my SD Card (NOOB, but still getting used to Android over BB)

sam123gil

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
dont unzip the file. leave it as a .zip file and rename it "update". thats the only way your phone will recognize it

i did what you said and move the file back to my phone. i get this messgae
"e:can't open/ cashe/recovery/command
e:signature verification failed
installation aborted

what am i doing wrong.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
SBF'd from Liberty 2.0.1, manually installed OTA and now rocking the new official Gingerbread release, man it feels good to be a DX owner :D.

We are basically the first phone to be upgraded to Gingerbread aside from the Nexus brands and that should tell you something regarding our phones status.

Did you not like the Liberty? Im staying where I am cuz todays leak really wont be much different than the deodexed GB leak a couple weeks ago.

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
So i have officially decided to wait i=until the OTA gets pushed to my phone. I just can't seem to figure out how to get the file transferred to my SD Card (NOOB, but still getting used to Android over BB)

Copy it from the download location on your PC and paste it into your SD card and rename it "update".

DroidyMcDroid

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
settings > about phone > system updates: "your device is up to date! no update is necessary at this time."

i don't mess with roots and such. i'll just wait till my phone gets the update.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
i did what you said and move the file back to my phone. i get this messgae
"e:can't open/ cashe/recovery/command
e:signature verification failed
installation aborted

what am i doing wrong.

just to confirm, you took the update file, renamed it so the filename is "update.zip", and placed it on the root (main) area of your sd card? and you are on the official froyo release and not rooted or rom'med?

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Remember, PCs always add the .zip so don't ever add that, ever. People name something update.zip, then it reads update.zip.zip as terpitude says allready, make sure file is update.zip.

sam123gil

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
just to confirm, you took the update file, renamed it so the filename is "update.zip", and placed it on the root (main) area of your sd card? and you are on the official froyo release and not rooted or rom'med?

ok i am rooted w/ zroot. i did a wipe but the superuser is still there.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
ok i am rooted w/ zroot. i did a wipe but the superuser is still there.

that might be the issue. wiping wont get rid of root privileges. anywhere i have seen the update posted has said that root users need to sbf before applying this update. obviously, though, sbf'ing will erase everything on your phone and return it to the out of the box state

EDIT: did some more reading. apparently if you are ONLY rooted, it should install fine, but if you are rom'med, themed, deodexed, bootstrapped, or have frozen/removed bloatware (basically if youve made any framework changes), it wont work without sbf'ing first. you will, of course, lose root access with the update though

Last edited:

sam123gil

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
EDIT: did some more reading. apparently if you are ONLY rooted, it should install fine, but if you are rom'med, themed, deodexed, bootstrapped, or have frozen/removed bloatware (basically if youve made any framework changes), it wont work without sbf'ing first. you will, of course, lose root access with the update though[/QUOTE]

thank for all you help. i found a post on how to remove zroot. i removed it & placed the update on my phone again. i stiil get the error that the file can't be found. i didnt do noe of that other stuff cause i dont know how to. guess i'll have to wait until the updat is pushed out. also not sure what sfb is.

Last edited:

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
unrooted and unfroze apps in anticipation. god, i forgot how slow the phone was with the bloatware experience..

I agree, I didn't think I would have issue with going back stock but Im shaking to flash this build instead of holding out for possible OTA.

Also has anyone heard update on root for new build..

RemmyZero

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
there seem to be a few isolated glitches with the build and i'm starting to think it's not real only because the keyboard is not the same gingerbread keyboard as shown in previous build images. it appears google will not sync contacts (without wiping first) so the sync symbol will constantly show in the notification bar.

i do recommend wiping your phone prior to installing, seeing as several programs did not work after updating and i had to remove and reinstall them anyway.

this build is MUCH better at managing memory, i'll say that much.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julieharrison