OTA - GB ... What prep needed?

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
For those of us who are NOT rooted, what should we do to prepare for a good installation of Gingerbread when it is offered OTA?

Should we un-install any apps? What about Launcher Pro Plus? Would a Factory Data Reset be advisable before installing GB?

Or, can we just download (whenever it shows up, that is) and see what happens?

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I would say just wait for the update. No action is necessary from a normal non-rooted user. Enjoy the wait, it will seem like forever...........

judasmachine

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
perhaps backup your sdcard, but only in case something went wrong, which only sometimes does...

otherwise, just sit back and wait.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
For those of us who are NOT rooted, what should we do to prepare for a good installation of Gingerbread when it is offered OTA?

Should we un-install any apps? What about Launcher Pro Plus? Would a Factory Data Reset be advisable before installing GB?

Or, can we just download (whenever it shows up, that is) and see what happens?

No preparation needed, you should be good to go.

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I am wondering this too. Although I read somewhere that if you have Clockworkmod Recovery installed that will prevent the OTA from being pushed to you. Can anyone confirm this with 100% certainty!? I have Clockwork installed, so I am not expecting to see the OTA (and will not want to until there is a root for it).

DroidyMcDroid

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
i uninstalled adw just in case. from what i've seen gingerbread gives you so many new features that market launchers might not be needed. but we'll see soon enough i guess

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol