For those of us who are NOT rooted, what should we do to prepare for a good installation of Gingerbread when it is offered OTA?

Should we un-install any apps? What about Launcher Pro Plus? Would a Factory Data Reset be advisable before installing GB?

Or, can we just download (whenever it shows up, that is) and see what happens?
    04-12-2011 03:37 PM
    I would say just wait for the update. No action is necessary from a normal non-rooted user. Enjoy the wait, it will seem like forever...........
    04-12-2011 03:49 PM
    perhaps backup your sdcard, but only in case something went wrong, which only sometimes does...

otherwise, just sit back and wait.
    04-12-2011 04:47 PM
    What if you are rooted, how can you get unrooted? I actually got the update, but the install failed because I am rooted I guess.
    04-12-2011 04:53 PM
    For those of us who are NOT rooted, what should we do to prepare for a good installation of Gingerbread when it is offered OTA?

Should we un-install any apps? What about Launcher Pro Plus? Would a Factory Data Reset be advisable before installing GB?

Or, can we just download (whenever it shows up, that is) and see what happens?
    No preparation needed, you should be good to go.
    04-12-2011 05:06 PM
    What if you are rooted, how can you get unrooted? I actually got the update, but the install failed because I am rooted I guess.
    If you are rooted the update will not take. You will have to flash your nandroid backup, hopefully you made one when you rooted.
    04-12-2011 05:09 PM
    If I rooted with z4root, do I just need to click unroot?
    04-12-2011 05:50 PM
    If I rooted with z4root, do I just need to click unroot?
    I'm wondering the same...
    04-12-2011 10:32 PM
    I am wondering this too. Although I read somewhere that if you have Clockworkmod Recovery installed that will prevent the OTA from being pushed to you. Can anyone confirm this with 100% certainty!? I have Clockwork installed, so I am not expecting to see the OTA (and will not want to until there is a root for it).
    04-12-2011 11:04 PM
    i uninstalled adw just in case. from what i've seen gingerbread gives you so many new features that market launchers might not be needed. but we'll see soon enough i guess
    04-12-2011 11:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD