Water Damage

lilnate

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Whats going on my Android Central brethren, i dont post much here, i usually just lurk and plot evil things against all of you and the android platform in general. Today im a changed man tho, im in need of help.

I happened to drop my phone into a water source, dont ask, seriously you dont want to know. I grabbed it out after seriously a second, maybe less. I was in the process retrieving the moment i saw it start to slide towards its possible grave.

So i took it out, almost broke the back off trying to get the battery out as fast as possible (I have a loose back door cover so it actually was quite easy) and i immediatly started drying everything off possible... I got some paper in the headphone jack, blotted at the usb and hdmi and speaker grill. No water even got on the battery or in the back door, which surprised me, cause seriously the back door slides off alllllllllllllllllllll theeeeeeeeeeee timeeeeeee....

tl:dr
water damage. Took battery out right away

My question is...what should i do now? Anyone got some pro tips for me? Guide to take my phone apart to make sure i got the basic internals dried (nothing to complicated is necessary). I plan on letting it sit in my window sill for a few hours right now cause its a hot day outside and i figure some internal cooking would help some evaporation...

thanks..any advice or insight i welcomed. No haters needed.

Update: I see water moisture on the inside of the camera lens cover.

Rudolphe

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
This happened to my blackberry storm back in the day, a cup of coffee spilled on it. I took some fitting tools for opening the device, Q-Tips, Alcohol, replacement 'water damage sensor' stickers and a blow dryer. Sat it in front of the blow dryer on medium heat from about 2 feet away for an hour. Opened it up, used the Q-Tips soaked in Alcohol to wipe all the components clear of anything that looked like moisture damage, replaced the stickers, closed it up, took it to Verizon and told them it didn't work anymore.

Besides that, don't know what to tell ya.

lilnate

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
ya, i turned it back on cause i was bored and it seems pretty decent. Theres a little water under the screen in the top right hand corner. You barely notice it when the screen is all white.

the only other two things ive noticed are.

The power button isnt working 100% of the time.

and a major one that im scared about. The phone says the memory card isnt being detected right now....:(

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
"My question is...what should i do now? Anyone got some pro tips for me?"

Yes, don't increase your font size and make it bold black. We can see.
On to your device, let it sit overnite with the battery out, the SD card out, the rear door off. Then tomorrow gently blow it out like you would a old Nintendo cartriadge. If your that old. If your not mechanically inclined about taking it apart then dont. Depending on what your device has installed or if your rooted, maybe you can just bring it to a store.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12