renaming GB zip not working

wojotiger

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
sbf'd back to stock froyo, renamed new GB zip to update.zip on root of sd card, booted into recovery and still fails to install....any ideas?

wojotiger

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
getting the aborted msg due to incorrect signature, or something along those lines. Using stock recovery, I tried using bootstrapper, etc. Nothing is working. Hoping it is just a bad download and downloading another as we speak

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Just in case this is what you've done: don't rename the zip to "update.zip". Just rename it "update". The zip portion is implied and what you'll end up with is update.zip.zip.

wojotiger

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I was hoping it was something simple like that, I checked the error msg again to be more certain, it says error status 7, instillation aborted

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
You have to have pretty much stock froyo 340 System files, no renamed files or removed bloatware, or the installation will fail.

Tifoso

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
While in recovery, are you selecting "apply sdcard:update.zip" or "install zip from sdcard"?

If you're doing the first option, it's not pointing to the correct file.

wojotiger

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I sbf'd to a clean 340 before trying to load the new GB....tried numerous things at this point. In recovery I have selected both options mentioned above more than once and have done a wipe and reset multiple times as well. At this point I think I only have two options, either download a brand new 340 sbf file and use rsdlite again, hoping that it was just a bad install, or just wait a little longer for the hoepfully rooted version from p3....choices choices

Tifoso

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like a wonky file download. The zip file for GB that you download should be about 175-176 MB. Check the size of your file. If it isn't about this size, the file is bad. If it is this size, you may be missing some of the required bloatware that it needs to see to install.

wojotiger

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I have it listed as both update and update.zip so I am safe there. I have tried every possible way and then some more so it must be a bad or missing file somewhere, guess I will just start from scratch and work from there

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I sbf'd to a clean 340 before trying to load the new GB....tried numerous things at this point. In recovery I have selected both options mentioned above more than once and have done a wipe and reset multiple times as well. At this point I think I only have two options, either download a brand new 340 sbf file and use rsdlite again, hoping that it was just a bad install, or just wait a little longer for the hoepfully rooted version from p3....choices choices

If you are able to select both options to install the update.zip file and install zip file from sd card, then you are not in stock recovery, which is what you need to be in to install a Verizon signed upgrade file.

CWM recovery is green, stock recovery is blue I believe.

wojotiger

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
sorry, I should have clarified, I have tried both ways, one being in stock recovery and the other in bootstrapper. I am running into an issue now finding a good link for GB though, any of you guys have a working mirror?

wojotiger

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
correction, using clockwork recovery not bootstrapper....tried so many things today I am losing track, lol. So I think it may have just been a bad GB file, both I downloaded were 111 MBs, not the size suggested above....now if I could only find a working mirror

Tifoso

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
correction, using clockwork recovery not bootstrapper....tried so many things today I am losing track, lol. So I think it may have just been a bad GB file, both I downloaded were 111 MBs, not the size suggested above....now if I could only find a working mirror

I just downloaded 2 separate files and both are 112MB. The 175MB is the size of the earlier leak.

CarSalesman

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Wojo - I had the same problem and finally figured it out. The error 7 is caused when the GB install can't find one of the original application files to verify/overwrite. In my case that's because I had frozen some of the bloatware by renaming from .apk to .bak. I changed most of them back, but missed one. Just above the error 7 message it gives you the name of the file you ned to fix.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech