Calendar App Malfunction

Nashcat

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Starting today my calendar app closes a moment after it opens. I tried clearing the data in the app management settings, but I don't know what to try beyond that. I deleted widgets and shortcuts. Rebooted. Battery pulled. What else??

Thanks for any help!

Oh, yea - running stock Android 2.2.1

Last edited:

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
You don't say if your calendar app is an app or a widget that works off Gmail's calendar. If it's a widget, you might consider uninstalling the widget and then re-installing it.

Have you tried a battery pull? Take battery out, wait at least 60 seconds, put battery back and turn on. This will take care of all kinds of glitches (the X will self-diagnose). It isn't something you need to do on a routine basis, but whenever things start getting weird, it's a first option.

Also, what new apps have you installed lately? It's not unusual for apps to conflict with each other or with the operating system - or just be a bad app. If the battery pull doesn't work, try uninstalling the most recent apps one at a time and see when/if the problem goes away. Then re-install one at a time. If you identify one that is the cause, it should become permanent history at that point.

Nashcat

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
It's the stock calendar app, synced to Google, which is synced to Outlook - no widgets and did the battery pull. No apps added recently, but have downloaded some updates. I'll look into them.

I appreciate your suggestions, tho. I don't pretend to know too much and although it shows me as a noob, I've had my DX since last year.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MOSHE TVITO