Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Getting back to original launcher?

Hey everyone. Can anyone tell me how to get back to the original launcher? I dont want to uninstall Launcher Pro because I dont have the unlock code email the dev sent me when I purchased it and Ive asked him a few times for it with no reply. I went into apps through settings and it said I dont have any launch defaults set. I clicked clear and nothing happens. How can I get back to the original launcher without deleting Launcher Pro? Thanks.
    Melissa
    Cingular Razr > TMobile Blackberry Curve 8300 > Sprint Palm Centro > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8320 > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8530 > Sprint Palm Pre *SEMI-WIN*> Verizon Pixi Plus *MEGA FAIL*> Verizon Droid X2 & Samsung Galazy Tab *WIN*
    TECHFAN

Global Posts
    1,632 Global Posts

There is an app called Home Switcher (free at Market) that USED to allow you to select which home launcher you want to use and set a default.

However, since I installed (stock) GB, it doesn't work. Also, LPP tends to override the stock home screens on its own. I was trying to set up the GB home screens and suddenly, everything disappeared and I had the LPP basic screens. So, I ended up uninstalling LPP until I got to the point I wanted it back. Then re-installed it. But I have the unlock code at hand.

BTW - All the new features of GB's home screens are great - but I bogged down when I had to do without the People and Bookmarks widgets (not to mention the 30-app dock). Those were deal breakers, so back to LPP.

Also, if LPP was installed when you added GB, you might HAVE to uninstall it and re-install to keep it from force closing. I had to do that with the Froyo update and so did it with this one automatically (just-in-case)
    Always learning ...
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by melissasroja View Post
    I dont want to uninstall Launcher Pro because I dont have the unlock code email the dev sent me when I purchased it and Ive asked him a few times for it with no reply.
    Did you try the LauncherPro Plus Unlock Code retrieval form?

I just tested it and got a copy of my original code emailed to me within seconds.
    Thanked by 2:

Homesmack is a free app in the Market that works for me.

http://market.android.com/details?id...=search_result
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do." -Oscar Gamble

-----------------------------------------
    Droid X (Liberty 3 v2.0)
    Droid Incredible (CM 7.2.0 RC1)
    Nook Color w/ 8GB N2A card
    -----------------------------------------
    Thanked by:

I prefer Launcher Switcher, it work well....

https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

Samsung S3
    Time to feel the POWER...
    Thanked by 2:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I got it thanks and yep the dev sent me my code last night.
    Melissa
    Cingular Razr > TMobile Blackberry Curve 8300 > Sprint Palm Centro > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8320 > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8530 > Sprint Palm Pre *SEMI-WIN*> Verizon Pixi Plus *MEGA FAIL*> Verizon Droid X2 & Samsung Galazy Tab *WIN*

ROM
    Stock GB

Quote Originally Posted by melissasroja View Post
    I got it thanks and yep the dev sent me my code last night.

I'm glad you managed to get your unlock code. For the future, you should go into the LPP settings and create a backup of LPP. Once you do that you will be able to unlock LPP just by using the backup instead of having to input your unlock code.
    Thanked by 2:
    TECHFAN

Global Posts
    1,632 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Argodabar View Post
    I'm glad you managed to get your unlock code. For the future, you should go into the LPP settings and create a backup of LPP. Once you do that you will be able to unlock LPP just by using the backup instead of having to input your unlock code.
    Good to know this! I will do this right away ... sure would save a lot of PITA with that long, complex code. Thank you!
    Always learning ...
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Argodabar View Post
    Great thanks! I thought that option would just save my homepages. I change them almost daily though so I figured it was a waste of time. Ill do it now though.
    Melissa

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Hahaha I didn't know about the retrieval page or that backing it up saved the lpp status. I spent HOURS last month digging through old emails in multiple accounts trying to find the code... Then I starred the email =)

Sent via Tapatalk
    Droid X
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - CM10
    TECHFAN

Global Posts
    1,632 Global Posts

Have to say I've gone back to the stock launcher (again) from LPP. There was an LPP update recently & ever since my X has been very unstable. Not sure if update was cause. But, much as I love LPP, I'm going back to stock for a while to see if there's a major difference. So far, so good.
    Always learning ...