Change Startup Tone?

Super_Mario

Banned
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to change the Start up sound when you turn on the Droid X? Most people's makes the "Drooooooid" noise on start-up but somehow mine was changed and I can not figure out how to change it back. So with out wiping my phone does anyone know a way to change it?

Thanks

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
If you press the Menu button, then go to Settings --> Sound --> Notification Ringtone, that is the sound it plays upon first starting up.
This is where you would change that.

cmslick3

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
You have to uncheck the box for SD card notifications, that will make it silent.

I don't think you can change the actual sound it plays if it's not your typical notification sound.

gbororats

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
mine plays a random sound, but its because i have that sound set to use one playing from the SD card... well the SD card isnt mounted when the sound is playing, so it plays a random one from the phone. For me, its a ringing sound. If you select a stock sound it will play that one every time, but then your notification sound will be that as well.

I believe it has to do with the SD card not being mounted and why you dont see that sound anywhere in your settings.

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
mine plays a random sound, but its because i have that sound set to use one playing from the SD card... well the SD card isnt mounted when the sound is playing, so it plays a random one from the phone. For me, its a ringing sound. If you select a stock sound it will play that one every time, but then your notification sound will be that as well.

I believe it has to do with the SD card not being mounted and why you dont see that sound anywhere in your settings.

That is correct -- if you set it to a sound that is on the SD card, it will not play it at startup since it does not see the SD card at that point.
I just keep mine set to the default (Droid) sound that resides on the phone itself, so I don't end up with some random sound. lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7