Improve GB Audio on Device (Worth Using)

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I was recently searching the market and found the best app for my Droid X with Gingerbread installled, the app is called Equalizer by Smart Android Apps, LLC that improves all sound audio on my device, my GPS has never been clearer and all alerts are so load and clear.

May want to check it out for yourself,,, This is the only EQ that works completely with device instead of just with headphones..

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.smartandroidapps.equalizer&feature=search_result

THIS ONLY WORKS ON 2.3 AND HIGHER, SO NO FROYO USERS..

original
original

original
original

original

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the recommend. Been looking for something to tune my tunes just right when not using my headphones(which the presets in the X alone rock for that IMO)

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Well I can say that this app improves volume on ringers, GPS and any music player... I left my phone on table when we went out to diner and it rang and it was like a stereo just got turned on in the place and I was at the back and table was in the front area of place. I really never figured it would change the volume as much as it did..

A keeper app for sure...

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Test drive complete. My fav band is Rammstein(May 5th IZOD!!!!). Heavy, loud, and easily distorted. Using the stock Music player with no changed settings it sounded like your average run of the mill phone speaker, not totally clear, not totally distorted but obviously not CD quality. I opened Equalizer and set each preset while the track was playing and I gota say the Rock preset, WOW! Now that is how music should sound coming from a Droid X. Clear, the bass didn't swallow the treble, and no distortion that I can hear after 3 songs in a row of varying heaviness(Tier, P**sy, & Du Reichst So Gut).
Thanks for the excellent find Wildman. Time to rock out.

(I do use AudioManager because Im so paranoid I wont hear my alarm in the a.m. so I set all volumes to max in that but I dont think it cross interferes with this new Equalizer)

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
(I do use AudioManager because Im so paranoid I wont hear my alarm in the a.m. so I set all volumes to max in that but I dont think it cross interferes with this new Equalizer)

If you look on OP, I am also using Audio Manager with no issues... Also I am glad it works well for you also. I was going to switch to a TB in April but I think I may miss this app and its only GB supported..

Time to do research on TB Gingerbread ROMS.. ;)

cripley619

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I tried installing. No luck. I looked in the Market, couldn't find it. Followed your link and tried to install there. No luck. Says it's not compatible with the Droid X.... Strange, y'all on the droid x...

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Any suggestions for improving call speaker quality? I can't seem to find the right combo ... still sounds tinny and hard to understand. Have tried different settings in stock equalizer for X speaker, but nothing seems to help.

Dostovel

Jul 15, 2010
www.facebook.com
I got the rooted GB tonight because this app interested me but it hasn't made any of my ringtones any louder or really change any of the sound quality :(

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I got the rooted GB tonight because this app interested me but it hasn't made any of my ringtones any louder or really change any of the sound quality :(

That is surprising because my volume has increased overall with my alerts but I agree call sound quality isn't as clear with GB as with Froyo.

How....? Do I need to be rooted?

I think rooting isn't required but Gingerbread is...

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I tried installing. No luck. I looked in the Market, couldn't find it. Followed your link and tried to install there. No luck. Says it's not compatible with the Droid X.... Strange, y'all on the droid x...

OP states that this app is only supported by Gingerbread.