Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Gmail sync problem with leaked OTA

I just got a droid x the other day rooted and flashed the leaked OTA (did not wipe) update for it but Gmail it terrible slow to let me know when I get a message where as i can have my OG droid that i now use for developing and it will let me know right away. The X does not get it until anywhere from 15-45min later which is not good for me.

anyone else seeing this problem?

I also notice that the phone is constantly syncing as per the sync icon in the notification bar is always there, maybe that has something to do with it?

The sync icon issue means you need to do a wipe. That may also clear up whatever issues you're having with Gmail, although I never experienced that before or after the wipe, so I can't say for sure.

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by tyczj View Post
    I just got a droid x the other day rooted and flashed the leaked OTA (did not wipe) update for it but Gmail it terrible slow to let me know when I get a message where as i can have my OG droid that i now use for developing and it will let me know right away. The X does not get it until anywhere from 15-45min later which is not good for me.

anyone else seeing this problem?

I also notice that the phone is constantly syncing as per the sync icon in the notification bar is always there, maybe that has something to do with it?
    I also had issues with my Gmail. I was able to get emails, and when I delete emails through my X, they will not be either deleted or read. What I found out last night, there is an Gmail.apk in /system/app that is old. So I added .bak to that file using Root Explorer, installed Gmail through the market and my Gmail was working great. My X rebooted it self and once my phone was fully up and loaded, I kept getting FC for the Gmail app I just installed. Using Root Explorer, I copied the gmail app from the market at /data/app to /system/app and renamed it to Gmail.apk, rebooted and now I have no more issues with Gmail.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by diverbelow View Post
    I also had issues with my Gmail. I was able to get emails, and when I delete emails through my X, they will not be either deleted or read. What I found out last night, there is an Gmail.apk in /system/app that is old. So I added .bak to that file using Root Explorer, installed Gmail through the market and my Gmail was working great. My X rebooted it self and once my phone was fully up and loaded, I kept getting FC for the Gmail app I just installed. Using Root Explorer, I copied the gmail app from the market at /data/app to /system/app and renamed it to Gmail.apk, rebooted and now I have no more issues with Gmail.
    Hmm that solution is interesting not only because it worked but because the versions appear the same 2.3.4.1 and when I went to the market it would.not let me uninstall it like I normally could on my other phone. I had to use my girlfriends phone to send the application over to mine, then I installed it just like I would any other app from my sd card and it gave me a warning about this is a system application that I am going to override. I then installed it and it seems to be working normally now, I just got a bunch of emails. I just find it weird that it is the save version and it does not act the same as the one through the market that I couldnt even uninstall