Really cool widget

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
There is a VERY COOL widget for the home screen called Circle Launcher. I think it's free in Market, but can't remember for sure. It puts one icon on your screen, and when you touch it, up to 9 or so shortcuts to other apps OR CONTACTS or other things will appear in either a circle or a bar. You can put as many of these widgets on your home screens as you want in different places for different things, and you can choose your icon.

Once you download the app, you long press on the home screen, select it as a widget, and get the options screen with about 7 things to set - super simple. Using it for contacts is really good - touch the contact and a box will appear with icons for email/text/call/contact info.

If you are using the stock home screens, especially with GB installed, this will give you soooo much flexibility without loading up the home screens with icons. In some ways, it will make up for not having LPP installed. At first, I didn't realize you could put more than one of these widgets on your screens, but the thread on homescreens in this forum showed it was possible. Just wanted to share...:D

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
With Circle Launcher, you can modify the size of the icons and also the size of the circle to accommodate more or less shortcuts/contacts/whatever... and also to fit the space.

I especially like having the launcher icon to the side of the screen so the "circle" is a large arc with the app icons neatly arranged. You can also set it to blur and/or darken the background so its easy to see the app icons.

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
But the icons in the circle are small. I would like the ability to make them larger. This is most noticeable on tablets. Where the larger screen shrinks the apps or contacts in the circle.

fanjelz

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I, too, am enjoying the circle launcher; especially the fact I can place the launcher wherever I choose, and have it open in the center.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech