Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,020 Global Posts

We will find out 19 days from now.

If they are testing it, there is still a chance that it will be rejected and they will have to start the process all over again.

Keeping my fingers crossed, but I'm sure May 10th is just a target date if all goes good.
    LMO

ROM
    ICS | Jellybean

I certainly hope they worked all the kinks out! :/

~ Droid RAZR MAXX, Stock rooted ICS
    ~ Xoom Wi-fi: Stock rooted JB

Maybe I missed something, but I don't see from the article how May 10th has any credibility.

The author seems to have just made up and thrown out a random date that sounded plausible, but didn't offer anything to substantiate how he derived it.

Maybe he does actually have some inside knowledge, but I am skeptical.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    579 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS!

Man, why wait?! I just got the rooted Gingerbread and it's pretty awesome...

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

I agree. The rooted Gingerbread is working great for me!

Global Posts
    585 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock for now.

From what I hear on these forums, there are still some bugs to be worked out in the leaked GB. I will wait for the official OTA.

Global Posts
    10,682 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

The bugs on the leaked GB have patch fixes. I think it is more stable that froyo, and much faster. OTA should make you very happy

That would be sweet.

My droid x Rocks. You think you have problems trying using Blackberry storm1. My IM group
    TECHFAN

Global Posts
    1,632 Global Posts

Stock GB from the OTA manual install works very well!! Lots of goodies with GB and worth either waiting for or installing yourself. Haven't had any major problems. It's enough different from Froyo that you need to learn some new things, but that's the fun of it!
    Always learning ...

Lets hope for a root unlock when it's released for those of us wanting to get it OTA and not install the prerooted copy.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

dont updates usually come out on a friday?

Not sure about Droids, but Blackberry updates always appeared on a Wednesday.

I just hope GB fixes the lag with Google Search and stops my data from randomly shutting off and making me turn Airplane mode on and off to get it working again.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSorrow View Post
    Lets hope for a root unlock when it's released for those of us wanting to get it OTA and not install the prerooted copy.
    Already have one. Called gingerbreak. One button root for all devices

Android Enthusiast

Global Posts
    2,106 Global Posts
    ROM
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6

Quote Originally Posted by mhans311 View Post
    From what I hear on these forums, there are still some bugs to be worked out in the leaked GB. I will wait for the official OTA.
    The bugs that your hearing about are ALL human error related, but if you your not root savvy then yes waiting for OTA is a smart thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by JkdJedi View Post
    The bugs that your hearing about are ALL human error related, but if you your not root savvy then yes waiting for OTA is a smart thing to do.
    What? Are you serious? This is definitely NOT true. I have run into a few bugs involving keyboard, word prediction, and random reboots.
    I am now back on Froyo and no longer experiencing any of those issues.
    I did a factory wipe before installing Gingerbread.

EDIT:
    Also remembered some more bugs:
    Some apps have that blue "mask" over it and will randomly appear and disappear.
    Slide to unlock is very jittery and doesn't always work.
    Last edited by PhoenixMike; 04-25-2011 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixMike View Post
    What? Are you serious? This is definitely NOT true. I have run into a few bugs involving keyboard, word prediction, and random reboots.
    I agree, there are definitely bugs in GB. I daresay that any OS written by humans has some bugs, especially with one as complex as this. Overall, for me though, it's a large step forward from Froyo IMHO.

EDIT:
    Also remembered some more bugs:
    Some apps have that blue "mask" over it and will randomly appear and disappear.
    Slide to unlock is very jittery and doesn't always work.
    I'm actually not seeing any of those issues. But obviously with something like this, issues arise on a case by case basis.
    Storm 1 ----> Droid X

Quote Originally Posted by miamifin33 View Post
    I'm actually not seeing any of those issues. But obviously with something like this, issues arise on a case by case basis.
    The keyboard not showing the punctuations and predictions might also be app related. I am using Twitter for Android and this is mainly where I have the issues.

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

He's still right, technically. You, the (presumed) human, made the error of installing GB.

If you're actually a robot, carry on. And please don't kill me.

For the record, I made the same error... and don't regret it at all
    Droid X
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - CM10

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

I have not had any major problems that were Gingerbread's fault. So far, I am really glad I upgraded. I was not happy with the default GB keyboard, so I installed the trial of SwiftKey and have been pretty happy with it. I will probably purchase SwiftKey when my trial expires.

Interesting that this thread has morphed from a discussion of a prediction of the expected release date on the GB OTA of May 10th, to a general exchange about which bugs are in which operating system.

I'm perfectly fine with that, since I think the projected date was based on smoke anyway, and it's an interesting exchange, but does anybody have any actual reason to believe that they can suggest when the OTA might really start? I'm hanging on to my leaked leaked 588 version GB with root, not wanting to have to revert back to stock Froyo until the OTA becomes available.

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

These things are never clear.

It will happen tomorrow. On the slight chance it doesn't, read this paragraph again every day until it's true. =)

Sent via Tapatalk
    Droid X
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - CM10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast