what in the world is going on with my DX?

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Simply pushed the top "power" or "sleep" button to turn the screen on and this is what i get....

x1-1.jpg

x4.jpg

x3.jpg

x2.jpg

FYI.... never done any rooting or anything like that...... always been a stock device running 2.2

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
well a power reset cured the issue. just weird that i hvae this problem now along with almost daily freezes/reboots that I have had in the last month or so.

I havent added any new apps in the last month or so, i am at a loss for what the problem is.

jak112460

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
Funny thing everytime I use Google search the phone freezes up and then I can feel very slow vibrations like the keys are being pushed but the phone isn't able to catch up and then all of a sudden all the letters I typed scroll on the screen and i can go to a search. It's like the phone gets a brain freeze. Sometimes I get a notice to force close the search or wait. If I wait it usually clears up. This happens at least ninty percent of the time.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Check out the *Note* below my sig ... could be part or all of your problem. Fortunately, I don't think apps are pre-checked to auto-update, as they once were. However, sometimes an app update will check the auto-update box for you. It's worth a review of your apps on Market to make sure all are UN-checked for auto-update.

Reactions: 0pusX

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I have seen that exact issue. Someone brought it into VZW like that. Factory reset solved it. That is wierd.

PensHockey

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Just a battery pull worked for me. I was messing around with magnets on the back. Placing the magnet in a dif spot will launch car dock or media dock.

albertdc

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I had seen that screen configuration a few times too. Always fixed by rebooting. I've wondered if it could be a magnetically activated thing, but then again I would expect it to revert back to normal when away from the offending magnet....

Anyway, I rooted and installed the Gingerbread leak (both of them) - haven't seen the issue since then.... and GB is SWEET! It also has fixed my random reboot issues that were starting to occur as well as freezing when starting Google Maps. No issues currently (knock wood).

CarSalesman

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Check out the *Note* below my sig ... could be part or all of your problem. Fortunately, I don't think apps are pre-checked to auto-update, as they once were. However, sometimes an app update will check the auto-update box for you. It's worth a review of your apps on Market to make sure all are UN-checked for auto-update.

I don't see this setting in GB. Is it somewhere else?

EDIT: Nevermind, my bad. That setting is in Android Market, not on the device.

Last edited:

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I had that exact same thing happen to my DX one time several months ago after taking it off the dock. When I turned it on, it looked just like that. I thought it looked kind of cool! lol But I just did a battery pull and it was fine after that -- and hasn't happened again since. No worries. I am certain it is nothing serious.