GB Leak market

gbororats

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know a fix to get the market to work, im using the leaked GB, but NOT rooted. I know there is a root fix, but i dont want to have to root my phone. I would imagine this would be fixed with the official GB build though, anyone know a quick fix. I know it has something to do with the copyrighted apps not showing up in the market, but it'd be nice to be able to see purchased apps again without having to go back to that shi*ta** froyo build again.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm running stock OTA GB, even stock launcher, and have lost only a couple of maybe 100+ apps, paid and free. The weird part is that free versions of the missing apps are visible and can be downloaded without problem. But the paid versions (that I previously bought) are INvisible via search and missing from My Apps list.

Also, a free Canon app to print X photos on my wireless printer (previously available on Market for Froyo) is there if I do a search using my PC, but if I search using my X -- it doesn't exist.

BTW, I contacted one developer about not being able to find the paid version for his free game app. A day or so later, it was not only visible but downloaded and installed. Go figure.

I'm hoping the developers will put some pressure on Market to fix whatever is going on. I don't really think it's a GB issue - more a Market issue.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm running stock OTA GB, even stock launcher, and have lost only a couple of maybe 100+ apps, paid and free. The weird part is that free versions of the missing apps are visible and can be downloaded without problem. But the paid versions (that I previously bought) are INvisible via search and missing from My Apps list.

Also, a free Canon app to print X photos on my wireless printer (previously available on Market for Froyo) is there if I do a search using my PC, but if I search using my X -- it doesn't exist.

BTW, I contacted one developer about not being able to find the paid version for his free game app. A day or so later, it was not only visible but downloaded and installed. Go figure.

I'm hoping the developers will put some pressure on Market to fix whatever is going on. I don't really think it's a GB issue - more a Market issue.

Here's your fix guys...
http://forum.androidcentral.com/mot...8402-missing-market-apps-gingerbread-ota.html

Reactions: almostsane1

gbororats

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Well my OP specifically stated that I know the root fix but I'm not rooting, I have no need to and no need to leave the potential to jack up my phone, so your "fix" is already known and not helpful to me.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
If you choose not to root device but decided to install a unofficial OS you are not going to be able to access any of the files required to fix any issues so you kind of wasted your time installing the update. If there is a flaw in OS root access will always be needed to correct.

Reactions: Arelunde

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol