Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Where are the sytem/stock wallpapers stored?

As the name implies, I am looking for the location on my Droid X where the stock/default/system wallpapers are stored. I've been using root explorer to manually dig around, but any direction would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by brianr8011 View Post
    As the name implies, I am looking for the location on my Droid X where the stock/default/system wallpapers are stored. I've been using root explorer to manually dig around, but any direction would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    This is stored in a system framework file and you can not access the images unless you understand opening apk files, is there a particular image you are wanting because I think a number or forums had extracted the images from the stock roms.
    Last edited by wildman; 04-25-2011 at 08:57 PM.
    Samsung S3
    Time to feel the POWER...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Well, to be honest, I want the images off the Alltel Milestone X. Not just the motorola and android built in ones, but also any that are added by Alltel. I am assuming (hoping) that the images would be stored in the same place on both phones.

Does anyone know if these have been released?

Most developers removed all images that was in the stock builds but since you want the ones for roms that is for other provider I would probably say you wont find them unless you have a rip of that rom or that rom has been rooted for that carrier because access to those files require root under most situations.
    Samsung S3
    Time to feel the POWER...