1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts

Default DroidX OTA GB Reboot When Plugged Into USB or Charger

For about the last week, my DroidX with the OTA GB leak installed (not rooted) has been rebooting when I plug it into or remove it from a charger or a USB port. When I plug it into the charger, the GPS icon appears briefly and the SeePU icon shows that the processor is maxed out, and then it full reboots to the red Motorola logo.

I have searched and read many other threads indicating that this is related to the SD card. The reboot does not occur when the SD card is not installed in the phone.

I have moved every app that was installed on the SD card back to the phone, but that did not solve the problem. I also wiped the cache from Recovery Mode which did not solve the problem either. I also tried setting the USB Manager to Charge Only.

Any suggestions?
    Verizon Razr Maxx

This is usually from a bad cable, if you search forum you will find that this has been discussed many times....
    Samsung S3
    Time to feel the POWER...

No, it's not a bad cable. It's a common problem. No one has found a fix for it.

Default Same issue.

I've had this same problem for about a week now too,realy need a solution and it's not the cable unless all six have gone bad at the same time.

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts

The solution is probably to wait until the real OTA GB release is pushed, or flash back to Froyo...

I had this happen and all I did to fix was take cable to store and they replaced it for me and I haven't had this happen any more.... The cable worked for me. If the cable dont work then I would check port because this sounds like a short because it only does it when you plug or unplug cable.

Also check the charger....
    Samsung S3

I am on Froyo and my phone reboots when plugged into the usb port periodically. It started today when plugged into the charger of not letting me do anything including unlock the phone, however the power button worked and when I would hit it 2 to 3 times it would let me operate the phone.

It also randomly reboots whenever it feels like it.

ROM
    AOKP JB

Do you have Bump installed? After the latest update I started to have this problem. Uninstalled Bump and everything is working fine again.
    Galaxy Nexus
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts

The problem was Bump. Uninstalling Bump solved the problem. Thanks rpmm70!
    Verizon Razr Maxx

mine does this all the time on Froyo. i haven't found the cause yet though. i didn't have this problem on GB.

The cause are some apps. For some Angry Birds was the cause.

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

Bump did it for me. Thats really weird that an update could screw it up. Glad its fixed though, I wast about to use my X as a clay pigeon

Default Uninstall Bump

Uninstalling Bump corrected this issue for me as well. Love Android Central Forums! Thanks.

Boy I really never realize so many people actually used that app...
    Samsung S3

Global Posts
    245 Global Posts

I've never downloaded Bump, and I'm on stock unrooted Froyo; but I get frequent reboots (read: not every time, but maybe every other time) when plugging into my computer's USB. I don't let it bother me too much, but now I'm curious!

Thanks,bump was my issue also

Default Thanks

Yep, Bump is the problem for crashes in 2.3 Gingerbread on Droid X. Uninstall that to solve it. Thanks for your help.