Hey xland, it's been awhile. Does anyone know of an audio recording app that is specifically designed (or has a mode for) the x, namely to take advantage of the three mics? I am always shocked at how great loud live music sounds when I record a video in "concert" mode... But when I use various sound recording apps I've found, the quality is way worse. I'd love to not have to run the camcorder just to get a decent sound.
    And if it doesn't exist - who should I ask to develop one!?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    04-26-2011 11:30 PM
    If one doesn't exist, there's a developer forum here on AC you could check out. I'd be interested to see if there is, and I didn't realize there's a concert mode! Thanks!

Sent via Tapatalk
    04-27-2011 08:03 AM
    There are several. I use Recordoid paid (note odd spelling) from the Market. Transforms the X into a visual and functional (digital) "tape recorder".
    04-27-2011 11:03 AM
    Have you tried Hi-Q? It is in the Market. It also does .MP3's, and the quality of recording is excellent compared to all the others I've tried.
    russelb likes this.
    04-27-2011 11:37 AM
    The X has a built in recorder, but it is hidden. If you have Launcher Pro, you can access it.
    04-27-2011 04:48 PM
    The X has a built in recorder, but it is hidden. If you have Launcher Pro, you can access it.
    Do you mind elaborating? I use LauncherPro & have never seen what you are talking about.
    04-27-2011 05:58 PM
    Do you mind elaborating? I use LauncherPro & have never seen what you are talking about.
    That makes two of us. I never realized LPP had a recording function!
    04-27-2011 06:05 PM
    I just went digging and found it. Long press home screen, tap shortcuts, activities, sound recorder. Interesting, but I can't seem to save the recording anywhere.

Sent via Tapatalk
    04-27-2011 06:16 PM
    Long press on screen>shortcuts>activities>Sound recorder.

Select the sub item and it will place icon on your homescreen. BTW, There are all sorts of info that I have found in this directory that is way over my head!!!!!
    04-27-2011 06:35 PM
    I just went digging and found it. Long press home screen, tap shortcuts, activities, sound recorder. Interesting, but I can't seem to save the recording anywhere.

Sent via Tapatalk
    To save: "press use this recording" It saves your recording to the SD card. It will have a "QCP" extension
    04-27-2011 06:36 PM
    To the original poster: Sorry for the highjack! Here are screenshots of other useful info found in this directory, some of which I cannot post because it has my phone info. But if you search you will find neat stuff in there.

04-27-2011 07:05 PM
    you can access this using ADW EX too. never noticed it before, interesting. rehearsal assistant is more user friendly though...

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    04-27-2011 10:37 PM
    On LMO's suggestion I installed Hi-Q MP3 Recorder Lite. So far I like it the best of all the recorders I have tried. It records MP3 and you can adjust the bit rate to 32, 64, 96, or 128 Kbps. Not sure, but I suspect it is recording mono, which means for voice recording 32 Kbps would probably be sufficient.

As a test I started the recorder and called my DX. My DX started ringing and I ignored the call. Hi-Q kept right on recording.

Next I started the recorder and called my DX, but this time I answered the call. The recording stopped when I answered the call.

I am an attorney and have a little Olympus digital recorder that I use to record witness interviews. I don't know that I will use this instead of the Olympus, but it sure would make a decent backup.
    04-28-2011 01:07 AM
    SgtTurtle- You're welcome, glad to have helped. Believe me, I've tried just about every recorder out there, and kept going back to Hi-Q.

I also like TapeMachine, but that one is more geared toward editing sound files, and does not record as nicely or have as smooth a user interface as Hi-Q. I mainly use that for editing. It's very interesting to know how Hi-Q worked for you though, as I've never had a call come in while using it.
    04-28-2011 11:55 AM
    LMO - I needed to know what would happen if I was recording a witness interview and a call came in. I was recently surprised when I was using my DX to video my daughter's violin concert and a call came in. I ignored the call, but the video stopped recording. I have not checked this behavior in Gingerbread, but have been putting the phone in Airplane Mode when video recording important stuff.
    04-29-2011 01:30 AM
    Thanks all. I tried tapemachine but that wasn't quite right. Trying hi-q next.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    04-30-2011 02:18 PM
    Yeah, I like Hi-Q the best. All depends on exactly what you need to do though.
    04-30-2011 03:33 PM
    Been using RecForge. Works great for me. No issues and sound quality is great. Can choose MP3/WAV/OGG with 8/11/22/44 kHz
    04-30-2011 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD