1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

Default Dx recording app?

Hey xland, it's been awhile. Does anyone know of an audio recording app that is specifically designed (or has a mode for) the x, namely to take advantage of the three mics? I am always shocked at how great loud live music sounds when I record a video in "concert" mode... But when I use various sound recording apps I've found, the quality is way worse. I'd love to not have to run the camcorder just to get a decent sound.
    And if it doesn't exist - who should I ask to develop one!?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

If one doesn't exist, there's a developer forum here on AC you could check out. I'd be interested to see if there is, and I didn't realize there's a concert mode! Thanks!

Sent via Tapatalk
    Droid X
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - CM10
    TECHFAN

Global Posts
    1,627 Global Posts

There are several. I use Recordoid paid (note odd spelling) from the Market. Transforms the X into a visual and functional (digital) "tape recorder".
    Always learning ...
    LMO

ROM
    ICS | Jellybean

Have you tried Hi-Q? It is in the Market. It also does .MP3's, and the quality of recording is excellent compared to all the others I've tried.

~ Droid RAZR MAXX, Stock rooted ICS
    ~ Xoom Wi-fi: Stock rooted JB
    Thanked by:
    BEACH BUM

Global Posts
    1,947 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock : Rooted, Unlocked

The X has a built in recorder, but it is hidden. If you have Launcher Pro, you can access it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Babalu View Post
    The X has a built in recorder, but it is hidden. If you have Launcher Pro, you can access it.
    Do you mind elaborating? I use LauncherPro & have never seen what you are talking about.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do." -Oscar Gamble

-----------------------------------------
    Droid X (Liberty 3 v2.0)
    Droid Incredible (CM 7.2.0 RC1)
    Nook Color w/ 8GB N2A card
    -----------------------------------------
    TECHFAN

Global Posts
    1,627 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    Do you mind elaborating? I use LauncherPro & have never seen what you are talking about.
    That makes two of us. I never realized LPP had a recording function!
    Always learning ...

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I just went digging and found it. Long press home screen, tap shortcuts, activities, sound recorder. Interesting, but I can't seem to save the recording anywhere.

Sent via Tapatalk
    Droid X
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - CM10
    BEACH BUM

Global Posts
    1,947 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    Long press on screen>shortcuts>activities>Sound recorder.

Select the sub item and it will place icon on your homescreen. BTW, There are all sorts of info that I have found in this directory that is way over my head!!!!!
    BEACH BUM

Global Posts
    1,947 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by cae2685 View Post
    I just went digging and found it. Long press home screen, tap shortcuts, activities, sound recorder. Interesting, but I can't seem to save the recording anywhere.

Sent via Tapatalk
    To save: "press use this recording" It saves your recording to the SD card. It will have a "QCP" extension
    Last edited by Ricky Babalu; 04-27-2011 at 07:18 PM.
    BEACH BUM

Global Posts
    1,947 Global Posts
    ROM

To the original poster: Sorry for the highjack! Here are screenshots of other useful info found in this directory, some of which I cannot post because it has my phone info. But if you search you will find neat stuff in there.

you can access this using ADW EX too. never noticed it before, interesting. rehearsal assistant is more user friendly though...

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts

On LMO's suggestion I installed Hi-Q MP3 Recorder Lite. So far I like it the best of all the recorders I have tried. It records MP3 and you can adjust the bit rate to 32, 64, 96, or 128 Kbps. Not sure, but I suspect it is recording mono, which means for voice recording 32 Kbps would probably be sufficient.

As a test I started the recorder and called my DX. My DX started ringing and I ignored the call. Hi-Q kept right on recording.

Next I started the recorder and called my DX, but this time I answered the call. The recording stopped when I answered the call.

I am an attorney and have a little Olympus digital recorder that I use to record witness interviews. I don't know that I will use this instead of the Olympus, but it sure would make a decent backup.
    Verizon Razr Maxx
    LMO

ROM
    ICS | Jellybean

SgtTurtle- You're welcome, glad to have helped. Believe me, I've tried just about every recorder out there, and kept going back to Hi-Q.

I also like TapeMachine, but that one is more geared toward editing sound files, and does not record as nicely or have as smooth a user interface as Hi-Q. I mainly use that for editing. It's very interesting to know how Hi-Q worked for you though, as I've never had a call come in while using it.

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts

LMO - I needed to know what would happen if I was recording a witness interview and a call came in. I was recently surprised when I was using my DX to video my daughter's violin concert and a call came in. I ignored the call, but the video stopped recording. I have not checked this behavior in Gingerbread, but have been putting the phone in Airplane Mode when video recording important stuff.
    Verizon Razr Maxx
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

Thanks all. I tried tapemachine but that wasn't quite right. Trying hi-q next.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    LMO

ROM
    ICS | Jellybean

Yeah, I like Hi-Q the best. All depends on exactly what you need to do though.

Been using RecForge. Works great for me. No issues and sound quality is great. Can choose MP3/WAV/OGG with 8/11/22/44 kHz
    Droid RAZR MAXX/Xoom/4510 LTE MiFi