Selling Droid X

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
$200 is a fair price. I paid $150 for an OG Droid in December in excellent condition. And that was the going rate for good condition phones.

droidxixis

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Probably not when VZW is selling a refurb for $99 (with 2 yr contract).

you don't compare to what it costs on contract. Someone buying a used phone usually is doing so because they are in the middle of a contract but want a different phone. $200 sounds fair to me, but like the person above me said, I would check what they're going for on ebay first.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Also check AmazonWireless. You can buy a phone there as a "replacement", but for the very popular ones, it's seems to be the carrier's no-contract price. Now that the X isn't available new, the price may be less.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
you don't compare to what it costs on contract. Someone buying a used phone usually is doing so because they are in the middle of a contract but want a different phone. $200 sounds fair to me, but like the person above me said, I would check what they're going for on ebay first.

I agree, you do not price the device off what a device goes for on contract because there is places that you can get on a contract renew for 1 cent, 200.00 sounds fair if device is still in good shape..

I am planning on upgrading to TB myself in a few months and I have both docks and extended battery, HDMI cable and several cases and I need to start thinking of a price.

lordwalker

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
If your willing to ship internationally, you might get more than that. Be sure to insure it though, and don't put phone as contents on the shipping label or it will get stolen in foreign customs.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I would still wait til gingerbread gets released or download and install the leaked nonrooted version. How many phones on VZW are running Gingerbread? What would you rather have a DInc 2 running 2.2 or a droid x running 2.3

pank

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Gazelle would pay you $166.00 (if your phone is in good condition and you have all the original packaging, etc.) so I'd say you are right in the ballpark. Just guessing you would get $50-$60 more on ebay but sometimes I use gazelle because it's hassle free.

Gazelle offer link:

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Gazelle would pay you $166.00 (if your phone is in good condition and you have all the original packaging, etc.) so I'd say you are right in the ballpark. Just guessing you would get $50-$60 more on ebay but sometimes I use gazelle because it's hassle free.

Gazelle offer link:

On Craiglist for KC the going asking price is around 300.00. I wouldn't automatically low ball yourself because someone else decides to.. Ive learned that no matter how low you set price they will always try to talk you down more, this is why I mark a bit higher than wanting price and see how it goes, this way you have numbers to negotiate with.

This is only a suggestion, but the device is less than year old and you find the right buyer you can get your moneys worth back. My word of thumb is if you have to come off to much cash to get into your new device when you sold your other device to get it, it was a bad sell.

Reactions: pank

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall