X or Incredible 2

RemmyZero

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Well, I hope GB works out for you! If not the Thunderbolt sounds like a good option. As much as I depend on my phone for business, I would not be a happy camper if my phone did not perform to its fullest potential, and the X has been that for me.

i do too! and obviously i know people hate complainers but the fact is that these phones, although great, have a lot of quirky issues.

now i'm getting an increase in issues where my SMS/MMS will frequently just fail to send. basically only 1 out of 10 messages send on the first time. this is getting worse over time too. i'm thinking of getting a Dinc2 tonight actually and selling my X on ebay, ill report back if things are actually greener or not! lol

mikejs78

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
If you care about root I would actually hold off on the Inc2 for now. The Incredible S (which the Inc2 is based on) has a locked bootloader and permanent root access has not been obtained yet, as any changes to the system are rewritten upon reboot. Until permanent root is confirmed, I'd stick with the DX.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

RemmyZero

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
ok so i bought the Dinc2 outright sunday and used it for a while then returned it (i'll get to that part later). the Dinc2 definitely trumps the DX in speed and memory management (likely due to the fact that it has more on-board memory anyway). all indications though are that the DX has better video capture (for high def at least). i loaded all my original programs on it but to be fair it's not like i had it for very long. i felt that even with the quickboot on that the Dinc2 took longer to boot but maybe i was just being impatient. i had intended to keep the Dinc2 and sell my X but as it happens when i logged onto my account yesterday it said i was eligible for early upgrade (which is a weird glitch because i don't think i should be eligible until november, which is 18 months from my contract origination). regardless, i ordered a thunderbolt and returned the Dinc2. i will likely be jumping ship to that phone until the iPhone 5 or something better comes around. cheers!

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone feel there isn't a lot of difference between phones newer than the X? I'm eligible for an upgrade, but there just doesn't seem to be anything out there yet that makes the X worth ditching. I've had exceptional performance and battery life on my X, especially with (stock) GB.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone feel there isn't a lot of difference between phones newer than the X? I'm eligible for an upgrade, but there just doesn't seem to be anything out there yet that makes the X worth ditching. I've had exceptional performance and battery life on my X, especially with (stock) GB.

I feel the same way. I will wait until the next generation of phones come out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol