Is anyone else on Verizon dropping down to 1X???

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
this VZW network is just as messed up as all the rest. I have the 10GB mthly 4g LTE usb modem and it just came back up fully today! And all I need now is PSN back up and my world will be right again

Mwolfer

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
The 1X issue started last week for us (I have an X and my husband has a Droid 2). It also seemed to affect our battery and drained it more quickly. I had trouble with the browser freezing and I would have to pull the battery as well. We travelled to a different part of Oregon and the 3g came back and was very fast.

I think it is just a Verizon network issue. I hope it will be fixed soon.

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes, battery was draining VERY quickly!!! I normally got a whole day out of a charge, but with this switching back and forth from 3G to 1X, it drained it in a few hours!

I called Verizon last night and they are looking into it. It may have to do with something that happened when their 4G network went down last week.. who knows. But so far today I have not had this issue, and I am back up to 3 bars on constant 3G!!!! My battery is loving it! :)
(hope I didn't speak too soon. lol)

captain_dl

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Still having issues in Charlotte. Of course my battery is draining quicker than normal too. Monday when I arrived I forgot my charger in the hotel room and my battery was dead after a half a day in the office. I was at 15% when I got back to the hotel. No fun at all!

~EDIT~
I was on the phone with VZW tonight troubleshooting my 3G Hotspot tonight (I'm not paying Hilton $10 a night for wifi) and when I mentioned the 3G/1X issue, he stated that he was not aware of any connectivity issues. I told him the Android Central DX forum was ablaze with many people having the same issue, he said he would have it checked into. I doubt it will go any further than our call, but it is scarry that he stated that he was not aware of any connection issues. :-/

Last edited:

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Well I only had one episode of this problem today for a couple minutes (at least that's the only time I noticed). It has been pretty good most of the day though... and no battery drainage! Maybe VZW did something to help when I called. ?

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
In WI my wife (Dinc) and I have had this problem for about a week (since shortly after the 4g crash). Definitely hurts battery life.

kf6kmx

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Seeing it here (central california, near NAS Lemoore) on my DX... weird thing is am NOT seeing it on the Xoom as much/at same time.. The DX will go 1x, and the xoom will still be on 3g most of the times...
Also here it seemed to start right after the reports of the 4g failure...

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

quikric

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I too am having the 1X, battery draining faster than normal issue. It's been happening for me the last couple of days, and is very frustrating.
Btw I'm in Southwestern Michigan, right on the Michigan Indiana boarder.

kf6kmx

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Well for last 30+ min that we know of, we have had no data connection here AT ALL... not even 1x.. both DXs and Xoom are only able to get out thru wifi... tried the usual reboot..nothing.... this is getting annoying....
Where we are currently sitting, usually all 3 devices have full signal.

*update.. after 2nd r/b of each device, 3g is back....WHAT are they doing to their network that's forcing multiple reboot to get data when we never had to do this before last week!?
Up until this we were very happy with vzw, been on it for about 9+ years. But starting to not feel that way so much...

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes it happens but you still have good signal. I wouldn't be so concerned about it.
For the most part I am on 3G but there are those times it does go to 1X but it hasn't deterred anything.
I don't think the 4G issues Verizon is having is doing anything to cause this. There 3G is a solid network.

EpicInUtah

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Have been noticing the same thing in Southern Utah. Stream pandora most of the time in the car and have noticed it going to 1X constantly where normally it's 3G which causes my Pandora to constantly buffer. Very annoying. I think I might call.

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Well Jude, glad to hear you are not having these problems. You are obviously not burning your battery out in a few hours by having your signal constantly switching back and forth between 3G and 1X, and experiencing agonizingly slow downloads at 1X. Whether you have a good signal is irrelevant. It is the SPEED of your connection, and the STABILITY of that signal. -- which by the way, is what we pay Verizon for. Does not seem very "solid" to a lot of us.

jayblazer

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I just installed juice defender the other day and have it set at the second to lowest setting. Since aboutnthat time is when I stated to notice it. When I pick up the phone there is a shield in the status bar with a red dot. And my phone is at 1x or what ever is below that. when I start to use my phone the red dot goes away and it changes to 3g.. anyone else seeing this happen? Also it takes a second for the signal to go change to 3g. This is really annoying when using the talk to text feature as it requires a 3g connection.

Simonbarsinistr

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
It was happening really bad today. I'm going to call later to bring the situation to their attention, it'll probably take a bunch of complaints to get any response from vzw.