Is anyone else on Verizon dropping down to 1X???

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
This just started yesterday -- and I am wondering if anyone else is having this issue? I always had a consistent 3G connection on my Droid X, but it now keeps dropping down to 1X intermittently, and sometimes I even get a "No connection" error! Very frustrating!!! Anyone else on Verizon seeing this? Is this Verizon hiccuping? Or did a recently upgraded app hose my radio!?

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I did try the *228 (and do both options 1 & 2), plus rebooted a few times. It still happens intermittently. :(

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
This has been happening a bit to me the past 2-3 days. I have always had a fairly solid 3G signal at my house and at school, but lately once or twice a day it will drop to 1x for no reason and not come back to 3g for a few minutes. Sometimes it helps if I toggle airplane mode on/off.

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for confirming. Maybe it is their network then? This has never happened to me before and I've been with VZW for several years now.

I tried the airplane mode, it doesn't solve it for me. What's interesting though, is if you go into the menu > About Phone > Status, you can watch it keep switching between "CDMA - EvDo rev.A" and "CDMA - 1xRtt" every so often. Signal strength also fluctuates between -65dBm to -72 dBm. Not sure if I don't have a good signal or what... ? I really wish I knew if this was phone-related or Verizon network-related! Maybe I will have to call them...

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I've noticed this for a few days. It happened again today during lunch. Not a big deal, but I hope it gets resolved soon.

Simonbarsinistr

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm its happened to me too this week. To see it happening to others must mean a network issue, but i doubt we're all in the same geographic area. So it must be systemic. I'm in Washington btw.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

captain_dl

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I travelled to Charlotte yesterday from Atlanta for work this week. I thought it was because I was in a different city that may not have had as good 3G coverage. Now after reading this, I guess it's a Verizon thing and not a location thing. A *228 (Option 2) update helped a little, but it's still happening intermittantly.

jjsaw5

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Well now i can at least confirm that i am not crazy :)

I wonder what is going on, this has been happening to me as well.

seanubis

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Noticed it a few minutes ago, southwestern New Mexico. Maybe they're backporting 4G features like outages into the 3G network. HEYOOOOO!

Tone_Capone

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Im having a problem where my Data Connection will freeze to the point i have to reset the connection in order for anything to work. Sometimes I will drop down to 1X, but most times i will have to data at all. I just called Verizon and they think the problem is phone related...

Does anyone else have this data connection freeze that i do?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12