How about some Official OTA gingerbread vzw? DANG!

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Do you suppose those "leaks" are intentional, turning those who install them into beta testers while the programmers look at the forums to note bugs and flaws?

That's a good question. I've often wondered that myself. I have no doubt Moto (and Vz?) techs monitors at least some of the forums and threads. It wouldn't surprise me that the forums provide a measure of input, but Moto still has its official test groups with filtered/select participants.

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
That's a good question. I've often wondered that myself. I have no doubt Moto (and Vz?) techs monitors at least some of the forums and threads. It wouldn't surprise me that the forums provide a measure of input, but Moto still has its official test groups with filtered/select participants.

Indeed! During a conversation w/ a VZW tech, while reporting a problem, I mentioned I was not the only one experiencing the problem and pointed him to a thread here. He found that very helpful in trying to resolve the problem, and did say he's read other forums and they are a great thing. But he had never seen AC before (well he has now!)... and said he liked AC. :) So yes, I believe they do monitor or check certain forums. This is good!!

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Indeed! During a conversation w/ a VZW tech, while reporting a problem, I mentioned I was not the only one experiencing the problem and pointed him to a thread here. He found that very helpful in trying to resolve the problem, and did say he's read other forums and they are a great thing. But he had never seen AC before (well he has now!)... and said he liked AC. :) So yes, I believe they do monitor or check certain forums. This is good!!

LMO - You led the "fox" to the "Hen House". ;););););)

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Todays May the 10th, will the rumor become true today for the Droid X official ota gingerbread update, I doubt it. Stay tuned after these messages.

AtanRaca

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
They are now saying the release of GB will be this Friday the 13th... If it doesn't maybe Jason will go after them fools...

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Honestly though, your average tier 1 or 2 tech isn't likely to care what we do with our phones. It's corporate that freaks out when we don't use our phones the way they intend.

Sent via Tapatalk

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
seems the 26th date is the instore date for the DX2, and its user manuel shows it comes with GB, im sure we are looking at that date or thereafter for the DX GB because it will help sales if they release the OTA after DX2 launch.

could be wrong

Tifoso

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Someone is claiming to have gotten the update this morning over at droid-life. I call bull****, but he claims to have a picture of the update screen.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Now the Fascinate getting GB before the X. Come on Motorola.

No they won't. The press release from Samsung said the North American Galaxy S phones will get the update "in the coming weeks". We all saw how quickly that was for the Froyo update.

I don't even think the Fascinate has gotten a leaked build yet, have they? How many has the DX had? Ours is coming VERY soon, current rumors are next week, but that can of course change again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol