Will any DX owners upgrade to the DX2?

RemmyZero

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
i will not be upgrading to the X2. no front camera, no increase in battery capacity (to my knowledge) and it needs more ram (IMO). not worth the price for what you're not getting.

personally i could care less about 4G since it's not in my area.

kf6kmx

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
For those Verizon customers anxiously awaiting LTE phone upgrades, be aware that Verizons MINIMUM data plan will be 50.00/mo. Is it really worth the extra 21.00?

In a word, NO its not. Wifi hot spots are prevalent enough that if you just HAVE to get something faster you can...
With the economy the way it is, I don't see how/why they justify that kind of price increase for what (little) you actually get...

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

f150fan

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I for one am really thinking about it. I would love to have some dual action along with that qHD screen. Besides, it would hold me over until the Bionic is eventually released. Just my thoughts. I think I have a tech addiction.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
not enough of an upgrade over the droid x to me to do it. am definitely considering the galaxy s2 when that becomes available though.

spacecasespiff

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Me I like the dx2 I don't care about 4g and a front camera. 4g sucks right now and its not in my area anyway. Its about the duel core and better screen. Don't care about any locked boots either. But can't upgrade untill 7/12 anyway. Might stick with moto they make quality phones. My dx is solid.

TMFGO45

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Not too much of an upgrade to the X2, and if the SGS2 doesn't come with LTE, then I won't be upgrading to that either, because my next phone is 4G LTE, period.

So that currently leaves the thunderbolt and the charge currently on the market, which I think, no thanks. Maybe the Bionic? They better get a phone out soon that's in beast mode, because I have the itch, and I need it bad.

Sent from my rooted DroidX running official Froyo, using Tapatalk!

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
If you got the TBH app there's some DX2 goodness in there to flash on your DX. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

tucker973

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm on contract until next year, and I'm actually quite content. There's nothing out (or coming soon) that really catches my eye. As for the X2, it's (IMHO) a minor upgrade, with some questionable decisions. I can't fathom why Moto removed the physical camera button!

I'll echo what others have said... by this time next year, all the "me too" specs that manufacturers are just chucking into phones now (dual core, 4G, front cameras) will all be standard fare. The hardware and software will be mature for those features, and hopefully we'll start seeing other new, more exciting features than these. I consider all of these bumps to be minor, especially the speed improvements that just aren't necessary at this point. A year from now, sure, some software is going to make my X start to feel slow.

But I already feel like a got my one-year refresh after installing GB. Phone seriously rocks with it... if you're not on a leak yet, you're going to be really happy when the OTA drops. This might be the first time I can ever remember not counting the days til the end of my 2-year contract.

willtothewong

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm on contract until next year, and I'm actually quite content. There's nothing out (or coming soon) that really catches my eye. As for the X2, it's (IMHO) a minor upgrade, with some questionable decisions. I can't fathom why Moto removed the physical camera button!

I'll echo what others have said... by this time next year, all the "me too" specs that manufacturers are just chucking into phones now (dual core, 4G, front cameras) will all be standard fare. The hardware and software will be mature for those features, and hopefully we'll start seeing other new, more exciting features than these. I consider all of these bumps to be minor, especially the speed improvements that just aren't necessary at this point. A year from now, sure, some software is going to make my X start to feel slow.

But I already feel like a got my one-year refresh after installing GB. Phone seriously rocks with it... if you're not on a leak yet, you're going to be really happy when the OTA drops. This might be the first time I can ever remember not counting the days til the end of my 2-year contract.

I feel the same. Im happy with my stock droid x and when the OTA for gingerbread drops, i'll be happy once again. Just a matter of time.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis