1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Email notification driving me nuts!

My email notification is changing on me constantly. I change it to a different sound and it keeps going back to the droid sound. I can't believe it. I'm like laughing out loud out of frustration. So this is what I did to the suggestions I found searching for an answer.
    1. I set the android sound to default, like one suggested.
    2. I put the sounds in a separate folder called notifications in the root the sd card, like another suggested.
    But still no success. The sound mysteriously goes back to the droid sound. Sometimes a few days later and sometimes sooner.
    Does anyone have any solution to this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    BEACH BUM

Global Posts
    1,947 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock : Rooted, Unlocked

Please clarify how you are changing the "email notification"?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I go into my bellsouth.net email, I go into email settings, I touch notifications, I than touch on select ringtone, than I choose my ringtone and touch ok.
    BEACH BUM

Global Posts
    1,947 Global Posts
    ROM

Is it a custom ringtone or stock? If custom did you create a "Media" folder >Audio>Notifications?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

It's custom. So create a "media" folder than an "audio" folder than "notification" and than put them all in the notification folder?
    BEACH BUM

Global Posts
    1,947 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by andonakis View Post
    It's custom. So create a "media" folder than an "audio" folder than "notification" and than put them all in the notification folder?
    Yes, that's how mine is setup and it works perfectly. I have all my Blackberry notifications (imported) in there and they all show up.
    TECHFAN

Global Posts
    1,627 Global Posts

On your X, go to Settings > Sounds > Notification ringtone > pick one (you can add to your available selections as per above)

Then, Settings > Sounds > Volume > Notification (set to whatever level you want)

This should take care of your issue.
    Always learning ...
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Babalu View Post
    Yes, that's how mine is setup and it works perfectly. I have all my Blackberry notifications (imported) in there and they all show up.
    Thanks. I will try this and see if this works.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Arelunde View Post
    On your X, go to Settings > Sounds > Notification ringtone > pick one (you can add to your available selections as per above)

Then, Settings > Sounds > Volume > Notification (set to whatever level you want)

This should take care of your issue.
    I don't see where this would take care of the problem I'm having. The notification I set for my email mysteriously disappears and sets itself to the droid sound. Sometimes after a few days and sometimes after a few hours.

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

So, you're not gonna try it?...

If you are rooted, copy ringers to System / Media / Audio / Ringtones with Root Explorer and reboot resolve issue and then set ringer through email notification settings option,
    Samsung S3
    Time to feel the POWER...
    Androidoholic

Global Posts
    1,530 Global Posts

My favorite feature is DRRRRROIDDDDDD. Specially in movie theatres. Best sound to come out since sliced bread.