Any good (free) data recovery software for Android?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fANTOM

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I want to recover deleted photos and MMS messages from my Droid X... Any recommendation for an app or PC software that can do this. I want to be able to check internal, as well as SD card memory for recoverable files. Any help will be appreciated!

RemmyZero

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
i don't think you can get the MMS files unless you know what they were saved as but but as for the SD card you can use "recover my files". it's a great program and i think it has a free trial. im sure there are other ones out there, i recommend googling around.

gbororats

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
if you want to recover photos from your sd card, there is a program called "recuva", it scans the card for deleted but not overwritten files. Try it if you are just trying to recover photos or documents.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I used Disk Digger when my phone erased itself and got back over 500 images. It's free, no ads, but you must be rooted. It can even look in places such as /system, /cache, /data, and more! It supports .jpg/.jpeg, .png, and I think .bmp. However, there is an experimental function that actually allows you to recover .mp4 movies. It's worth a shot if you're rooted.

As for MMS, can't help you there, but it sounds like a great idea for a developer.

Sent from my HTC Vivid BoRKed using Android Central Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.