GB this Friday - latest rumor

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
As much as I would love this im not convinced its going to happen. With froyo, matt, the admin over at the moto run droid x forum kept us up to date and told us if the pending release as well as the early realease for us that were given it early to "test". As if today he has maintained he has no info on it.

I hope im wrong though......

Cyrilmak

Androidoholic
Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
As much as I would love this im not convinced its going to happen. With froyo, matt, the admin over at the moto run droid x forum kept us up to date and told us if the pending release as well as the early realease for us that were given it early to "test". As if today he has maintained he has no info on it.

I hope im wrong though......

It will happen, Motorola would not have sent out a test update to several people if it wasn't going to happen.

kf6kmx

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
OK, its well known fact that you can't be on custom rom to get ota.. but what about root? If the phone is factory, with just the z4root done, will it load (I'm sure killing root in process) or do you have to unroot it first?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

charlier180

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
It will happen, Motorola would not have sent out a test update to several people if it wasn't going to happen.

The last update was sent out for "testing" to many 1000s of Droid X owners a few days or so before the general OTA release.
So far, I do not believe Moto has done that. Unless Moto has changed their procedure for this update, I would look for the update
to that test group to happen before the general OTA release.

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site

I don't think they have. If you're referring to the "limited release" early last month, it turned out to be just another leak. It was timed right around April Fools Day, and people were told it was an official limited release. From everything I've seen, nope.

AtanRaca

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
According to P3Droid we should be expecting the update VERY soon. he said that his ninja source also informed him that it will be wise not to do the OTA if you want to continue being rooted.

parabol216

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I installed the 2.3.588 leak. Im not rooted. Will i be able to get the OTA update when ever it does come out? If not, how do i go back to 2.2.? I wouldn't care so much but im having some issues with the os being unstable even after a factory wipe.

Please let me know if you have any idea.

hkklife

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
As the rumor mill goes, you will HAVE to SBF back to Froyo in order to get the official OTA.

Otherwise, you can flash from .588 to .595 (the latest leaked Gingerbread build). Supposedly you will be able to install the official OTA update (which will be .596) from .595 ONLY.

I would recommend going back to Froyo for the time being as I am still encountering a surprisingly number of small but annoying bugs on the latest official .595 leak.

parabol216

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
As the rumor mill goes, you will HAVE to SBF back to Froyo in order to get the official OTA.

Otherwise, you can flash from .588 to .595 (the latest leaked Gingerbread build). Supposedly you will be able to install the official OTA update (which will be .596) from .595 ONLY.

I would recommend going back to Froyo for the time being as I am still encountering a surprisingly number of small but annoying bugs on the latest official .595 leak.

Well if i want to go back to 2.2 how can i? Does anyone have a link where its explained?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois