Netflix and HDMI

ndwatkins

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I know some people have been using HDMI out and Netflix together...anyone know how to do that? I know P3 was tweeting about it earlier today.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't know this for sure, but I have a Roku interface to stream Netflix to my TV. The Roku uses my wifi connection, but is connected to the TV by cable. I would imagine the X would function as the "interface" in this circumstances. I would think that, with the X on wifi and connected to the TV via HDMI out, you should (???) be able to go onto Netflix using the X, choose your video and click the instant viewing option. Of course, you would need to be a member of Netflix, paying for the option to have instant downloads.

I'll be interested in knowing if this works.

Last edited:

ndwatkins

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't know this for sure, but I have a Roku interface to stream Netflix to my TV. The Roku uses my wifi connection, but is connected to the TV by cable. I would imagine the X would function as the "interface" in this circumstances. I would think that, with the X on wifi and connected to the TV via HDMI out, you should (???) be able to go onto Netflix using the X, choose your video and click the instant viewing option. Of course, you would need to be a member of Netflix, paying for the option to have instant downloads.

I'll be interested in knowing if this works.

I'll give it a shot later today - I think something needs to tell it specifically to be in HDMI mode though and it just keeps playing on the X. I have a home theatre PC connected to our main television at home, but our PS3 had been being used as our Netflix box for the bedroom television until the recent fiasco. Thought the X might be a good solution in the meantime and for future reference :)

lsmunoz

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Theoretically using the app RealHDMI might help. Not sure though as Netflix does not work on my ROM and don't have the app. That being said, once Netflix works on my X, I will likely still not go that way as I too have a Roku and it works well for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital