1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default GPS causing phone to freeze

Hello,

Lately, when I turn on the GPS to use navigation, or another GPS related feature, it will cause my phone to freeze, and then auto restart.

This past weekend, I had GPS on, and I started to use the video camera (non GPS related) and when I went to stop the video, it froze on me, phone auto restarts and I lose the video I just took.

Anyone out there have this and know how to solve the problem. Overall, I have had this phone since debut and love it, but if GPS is going to cause problems, it stinks, because I was just getting ready to make the phone my permanent navigation, rather than TomTom.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

I have had some freezing related to GPS (usually with Latitude use). If I keep wifi off however it seems to stop happening. Found no other workaround.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks. I always keep wifi on, because I use the wifi connection at home and work to browse if I need to. I will have to remember to turn Wifi off, when not in these two locations, as that is when I am using GPS....
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,079 Global Posts

I have noticed the same issue with mine...and my WiFi is always on too because I use it at home.

Same thing here.. I always have wifi on. I will turn off and see if that helps out. Thx..