Droid X won't call or send text to ATT

jcbpnl

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I've had this phone for less than a month. It worked fine up until about 2 weeks ago. Now, my phone can only call some numbers. It calls Verizon numbers fine but it can't call a couple of my ATT friends. I also can receive texts from these friends just fine but they can't receive any of mine even though my phone shows it sent.

I'm running stock everything.

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
It's unlikely it's a phone issue, since local number portability there's no way to tell which carrier owns a number without a database lookup.

I'd call Verizon and see if they're having routing issues in your area.

nerdydesi

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
It most likely sounds like you need to speak to technical support in Tier 2 and request to make something called a "trouble ticket", where the NRB (network repair bureau) would check it out. I know since I work there currently and have had to made one when customers couldn't communicate with others from some carriers but not others.

Clemsonpablo

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
i had this happen a couple years ago when I had an iPhone on ATT. Just call up the technical support, and tell them what's up. They should be able to fix you up.

TipTheScales

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue with one of my friends who switched to AT&T from VZW. She kept the same number, but I would have problems getting texts through or calling her. Check to see if your friends have multiple entries in your contacts (I had her under two last names). Usually this happens when you add Facebook friends to your contacts. I merged the two together and it has been working perfectly since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca