Screen Problems

Burner50

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I got my Droid X in the end of march.

Today, after the screen had been lit up for a few minutes I noticed it started flickering...

Now the screenshows a black screen with a random sprinkling of various shades of grey pixels.... except for the top few rows... they still work fine.

I noticed that If I keep my phone "Asleep" for a few minutes, it works fine for a few minutes...

The closest verizon store is 100 miles away. I was told that I have a year warranty, but I would rather not have the device replaced... any ideas on a potential solution?

dacp283

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I got my Droid X in the end of march.

Today, after the screen had been lit up for a few minutes I noticed it started flickering...

Now the screenshows a black screen with a random sprinkling of various shades of grey pixels.... except for the top few rows... they still work fine.

I noticed that If I keep my phone "Asleep" for a few minutes, it works fine for a few minutes...

The closest verizon store is 100 miles away. I was told that I have a year warranty, but I would rather not have the device replaced... any ideas on a potential solution?

don't know about that but I'm thinking replacement might be your only option

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I seem to remember a problem with the screens around the time the DX launched, but I don't remember the details. Either way, 800-922-0204 is VZ customer service, they should be able to send you a new one. Well, it's probably gonna be "certified pre-owned" but there's not a lot you can do about that. Either way, they'll send you a replacement.

dacp283

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I seem to remember a problem with the screens around the time the DX launched, but I don't remember the details. Either way, 800-922-0204 is VZ customer service, they should be able to send you a new one. Well, it's probably gonna be "certified pre-owned" but there's not a lot you can do about that. Either way, they'll send you a replacement.

Nothing wrong with certified pre owned lol. My original X wouldn't over clock past 1.15 ghz without crashing. I've had this one up to 1.4 with the only issue being heat especially in the otterbox. But its stable now at low voltage 1.35 using droid overclock

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Burner50

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Next question:

Phone is rooted with Z4 and has wireless tether for superusers installed...

Cant see what I'm doing to get those off there... What consequences am I looking at with verizon? Will VZ even look at something like that?

Sage_F

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Next question:

Phone is rooted with Z4 and has wireless tether for superusers installed...

Cant see what I'm doing to get those off there... What consequences am I looking at with verizon? Will VZ even look at something like that?

If you can't see anything on the screen then neither will they. Most likely they will just SBF it and if that doesn't work probably cannibalize it for parts. But you could get it into the bootloader screen and SBF it yourself if you want. Not much that you actually have to see to be able to SBF from RSD lite.

Reactions: Burner50

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I agree with sage. Rsd won't work unless you're at a specific screen, and requires no screen interaction from the user... It's all pc based. might as well.

Sent via Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox