1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default DX Gingerbread back to Froyo

So I'm running the .588 Gingerbread on my Droid X and it's been messing up on me in several areas. Since I didn't use the rooted version don't have bootstrap, and it won't let me boot into the stock gb recovery. I have tried SBFing back to froyo with the .340 sbf file and it creates the OS image and then fails to flash. Sometimes it will tell me the device is not compatible and sometime it will just say the process has failed. It i my understanding that I'll still receive the ota whenever it comes with this version of gb but because I've come across some errors I want to go back to stock and just wait for the push.

If anyone has any ideas please get back to me, I'm using an Ally while it's down and I can't take it.

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

What version of rsd lite do you have? Sometimes that's a factor.

Sent via Tapatalk
    Droid X
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - CM10

Global Posts
    828 Global Posts

1) You canNOT receive the GB OTA on .588 or on any of the other leaked builds.

2) Try to SBF again... sometimes it'll give the process failed message and if you do it again (and again if needed) it'll work.

3) RSDLite should be version 4.8
    Galaxy Note II - Rooted - Black Status Bar w/WiFi Toggle
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Okay, I'm running rsdlite 4.7 with the patch. I'll try 4.8. Does it need a path like 4.7 did?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks so much guys, RSD 4.8 did the trick. I didn't think I'd need it because I've always used 4.7. lol

Hi guys, I am a newbie at SBF, is there anyone that can do a step by step explanation of it? I have RSD lite 4.8 installed and the .340 file downloaded on my desktop, but the RSD program still doesn't recognize my droidx. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to SFB back to froyo from GB .588 on both my droidx phones

Global Posts
    828 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by muddsport95988 View Post
    Hi guys, I am a newbie at SBF, is there anyone that can do a step by step explanation of it? I have RSD lite 4.8 installed and the .340 file downloaded on my desktop, but the RSD program still doesn't recognize my droidx. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to SFB back to froyo from GB .588 on both my droidx phones
    Here you go.
    Galaxy Note II - Rooted - Black Status Bar w/WiFi Toggle