I need help getting my Droid X back to stock
I am new to all of this. I updated my phone to the Gingerbread but now I have to send my phone back to Verizon and I cant figure out how to get it back to stock. I have RSD Lite installed. It finds my device but will not let me start when I choose the File VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01.sbf It keeps saying fail. Can someone please help me.
- 05-23-2011, 01:52 PM #2
- 05-23-2011, 02:08 PM #4
XDA Wiki on the Droid X
That page should direct your to the info you need.
1. Download RSD Lite
2. Download the Froyo recovery ROM from the XDA links
3. Install RSD Lite
4. Put your phone into bootloader (shut it off, hold down power + home + volume up, let go of power
5. Plug in USB cord to computer
6. Fire up RSD
7. Mount the recovery image you downloaded
8. Try and try until it goes completely through
9. DO NOT UNPLUG THE PHONE UNTIL IT REACHES 100%!!!!
I know this isn't a walk through, but I hope it helps.
A much better account.
- 05-23-2011, 02:33 PM #6
- 05-23-2011, 02:44 PM #8
- 05-23-2011, 04:07 PM #10
- 05-24-2011, 11:49 AM #11
- 107 Posts
1) Do a GOOGLE SEARCH for: maderstcok - OTA 2.3.340 update.zip
2) Put the file in the ROOT DIRECTORY of your SD Card.
3) Rename the file update.zip
4) Go to the bootloader.
5) Run update.zip
It will bring your device to factory fresh, WITHOUT deleting or changing any of your installed programs, files or settings.
Do a FACTORY RESET before you send the phone back to Verizon so that all your personal stuff is gone.