1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default DX noob

Hi guys

Migrating to a Droid X after going through 3 Fascinates. First one decided it was always connected to USB and then wouldn't charge, and the radio broke on the 2nd and 3rd. VZW couldn't find anything wrong on their end with a trouble ticket, so rather than going with a 4th Fascinate, I asked if they could get me in to something else, and the DX was it!

Excited because it's the device I wanted to go with originally when I signed on with VZW. Really looking forward to seeing what it can do. It should be waiting for me at home either today or tomorrow.

Can't wait!!
    BEACH BUM

Global Posts
    1,947 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock : Rooted, Unlocked

Excellent choice!

Global Posts
    828 Global Posts

First order of business after the DX arrives...

1) Root
    2) Make your way to a GB build
    3) Sit back and smile :-)

...It's cool unrooted too...
    Galaxy Note II - Rooted - Black Status Bar w/WiFi Toggle

You will notice a huge difference in the quality of your phone calls. Motorola has outstanding audio quality when you are talking on your phone. You will notice a difference and so will those on the other end.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Excellent. I do intend on rooting it asap, that's for sure. Can't wait to experience a GB build. I was really disappointed with how slow even the update to 2.2 was on the Fascinate. Glad to be on something that it seems VZW is paying more attention to.

Call quality isn't a big issue for me as I spend very little time actually using the phone. I'm a power SMS user and I'm glad the DX also has swype. It's always fun when my iPhone friends are around and they see me text using swype. A few have got more than a little jealous.