Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 11121314

Default Re: [OFFICIAL] Droid X Gingerbread Impressions and Issues

It is? Is it supposed to be OTA? I haven't received any update notifications
    KJX

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    ROM
    OTA Gingerbread

Just ran the update, and all of the issues I had before are still there. Keyboard locks up, lag, etc.
    Moto Razer --> LG Venus --> Moto Q9c --> Moto DROID X --> Moto Droid 4

I have had the new update for about a day now and have been experience lag while running normal functions ie: making calls, reading texts, navigating screens.

I have had to restart the phone a few times which seems to help.

Overall though the update has caused lag issues.

Ok so is anyone else having problems with GPS not locking on AFTER the latest .602 update? I know of 3 Xs that are all doing the same thing. Tried the fix a few posts up using GPS status and toolbox to clear the GPS data/state and then download new data but that didnt fix the issue. Anyone have any ideas? Battery pull done, master reset done, uninstall and reinstall of google maps done.. nothing seems to want to work.

EDIT: I am in Rochester NY and there is another thread I just saw about some others in NY having issues so I don't know if this is a location thing or an issue with the software update. Please post so we can find out whats up!
    Last edited by rokstarr; 08-20-2011 at 01:47 PM.

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rokstarr View Post
    Ok so is anyone else having problems with GPS not locking on AFTER the latest .602...

EDIT: I am in Rochester NY...
    Any luck? Still happening? Mine went back to normal after 36 hrs or so but not sure on the wife's.

I just tried it again, still not working. Uninstalled the update to Google maps, battery pull again, used the GPS status and toolbox to reset GPS status and download new agps data and still not locking on. Although my phone did see 3 satellites this time for about 2 mins, then went to 2 and then just 1 again. This is ridiculous

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP KK | FrancoKernel

Quote Originally Posted by rokstarr View Post
    I just tried it again, still not working. Uninstalled the update to Google maps, battery pull again, used the GPS status and toolbox to reset GPS status and download new agps data and still not locking on. Although my phone did see 3 satellites this time for about 2 mins, then went to 2 and then just 1 again. This is ridiculous
    GPS Status & Toolbox worked fine for me. Not sure why yours isn't working.

Forgot to update this but its working again... even inside my house I can lock on to 8 or 9 satellites, not even near a window! Locks on within 5 seconds, best its ever worked now.

ROM
    4.1.1 with Sense 4+

Forgive me if I'm really late to the dance, but is there a 2.3.4 update available for the DX?

Sadly still on 2.3.3

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sparker781 View Post
    Sadly still on 2.3.3
    Makes you wonder a bit if they will release an update for Gingerbread or, with Ice Cream coming out, if this is the final version. Also makes you wonder if the DX will work with ICS???
    VX6700: Using as a doorstop
    Treo 755: Kids use it as a toy phone
    Storm 1: They make great coasters for shot glasses!
    Droid X: Gets better every day...

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

I've looked around quite a bit on this forum and couldn't find an answer on this, but I'm sure it's been talked about. - I have a DroidX w/ 2.2.1 v. 2.3.340; a couple days ago, somehow the update for GB v. 4.605 got downloaded to my phone and it asks do I want to install now or later. I always select later because I don't want GB on my phone. I've heard about the many problems w/ GB plus the 115 mb fix that doesn't fix everything.

So, can I prevent this GB install on my phone, or will it eventually get loaded? Thanks for any help/tips with this.

Edit.... I just saw another thread and I'm confused: my phone "About Screen" says: Android Version: 2.2.1 System Version 2.3.340 MB810
    Does this mean Gingerbread is already installed on my phone? - Like I said, I'm trying to avoid GB if it is at all possible. - Thanks again for your help.
    Last edited by dgm; 10-24-2011 at 06:09 PM.

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JDHunz View Post
    Makes you wonder a bit if they will release an update for Gingerbread or, with Ice Cream coming out, if this is the final version. Also makes you wonder if the DX will work with ICS???
    I suspect we are done with updates for the Dx.

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dgm View Post
    I've looked around quite a bit on this forum and couldn't find an answer on this, but I'm sure it's been talked about. - I have a DroidX w/ 2.2.1 v. 2.3.340; a couple days ago, somehow the update for GB v. 4.605 got downloaded to my phone and it asks do I want to install now or later. I always select later because I don't want GB on my phone. I've heard about the many problems w/ GB plus the 115 mb fix that doesn't fix everything.

So, can I prevent this GB install on my phone, or will it eventually get loaded? Thanks for any help/tips with this.

Edit.... I just saw another thread and I'm confused: my phone "About Screen" says: Android Version: 2.2.1 System Version 2.3.340 MB810
    Does this mean Gingerbread is already installed on my phone? - Like I said, I'm trying to avoid GB if it is at all possible. - Thanks again for your help.
    2.2.1 is still Froyo.

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

BBtoDroid-

Thanks for your reply. I have heard 1 or 2 people say something like Motorola will eventually force the installation of 4.5.605, even if I keep entering "Install Later". Do you know if that's true? - I guess I'm at the mercy of their system.

The way I'm looking at it is, my phone has worked reasonably well with Froyo over the last year. So why do an upgrade where there appears to be a number of issues/problems, and then have to hope & wait for an adequate fix some day. - Thanks again for your help!
    LMO

ROM
    ICS | Jellybean

Quote Originally Posted by dgm View Post
    BBtoDroid-

Thanks for your reply. I have heard 1 or 2 people say something like Motorola will eventually force the installation of 4.5.605, even if I keep entering "Install Later". Do you know if that's true? - I guess I'm at the mercy of their system.

The way I'm looking at it is, my phone has worked reasonably well with Froyo over the last year. So why do an upgrade where there appears to be a number of issues/problems, and then have to hope & wait for an adequate fix some day. - Thanks again for your help!
    No way they can "force it". My hubby accidentally accepted it on his DX the other day, and because his phone is rooted and de-bloated, it reported FAILED. (yayyy!) lol I hear ya though, and feel the exact same way about it, and keep refusing the update too.

~ Droid RAZR MAXX, Stock rooted ICS
    ~ Xoom Wi-fi: Stock rooted JB

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

LMO-

Thanks for your post. - I actually stumbled on some info somewhere else and learned how to wipe the cache. This seems to take it out of the loop of asking if you want to install it. Since I did that, no more reminders!!!

btw, I'm unrooted. - - - When I bought my phone a year ago, people were suggesting to run it for a while unrooted, and then consider rooting it after knowing the phone and it's limitations. - So now here I am and I'm not sure what the huge benefit I'll get from rooting my DroidX. - I realize the warranty goes out the door, however the warranty is only 1 year w/ Verizon, so no big deal there. One thing is for sure, I don't want GB from the problems I've read about it having...
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 11121314