Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by xoomer1 View Post
    I am on froyo,
    Now that is odd.

I feel someone needs to post detailed directions for each update that needs to take place. Instead of assuming everyone is rooted and rom'd and all want the same file
    Droid--->Droid----->Droid-------->Droid2----->DroidX---->DroidX---->DroidX------>iPhone4
    I am seeing a pattern here................

Quote Originally Posted by xoomer1 View Post
    I am on froyo,

Is the update I used to flash from stock unrooted Froyo to Gingerbread. Not sure if maybe you got a bunk update.zip or not but I can confirm that file works.

edit: To be clear this is .596 the OTA update and can upgrade from froyo to GB
    Last edited by Neurofunk; 05-28-2011 at 07:15 PM.

Just upgraded to the new gingerbread os and can say that I am extremely happy with the new update. Everything seems a bit more refined. Some things particularly that I noticed is that I can finally put my contacts in last name first order( being in the military the fact i couldn't has always been a weak point about the x to me.

Every transition seems to be just a bit smoother and just nice touches everywhere.

And even some of the apps seem to have benefited from the update. Facebook and youtube seem worlds faster. And the phone seems alot faster over wi-fi in general now.

These are the things that I've noticed in just the first hour. Im sure more will pop up as time goes on. Of course this is just coming from froyo to gingerbread.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    350 Global Posts

Same thing , says not signed.. I am on 2.3.340

Quote Originally Posted by Neurofunk View Post

Is the update I used to flash from stock unrooted Froyo to Gingerbread. Not sure if maybe you got a bunk update.zip or not but I can confirm that file works.

Looking good, played with Blur then ran back to Launcherpro Plus! and made app drawer shortcut to Blur Apps!
    wish they added zoom to camcorder
    tons of new options in all settings
    Corp Exchange works great and have better options
    Yes it is faster and smoother, apps opening at record speeds
    GPS always worked for me but I see it finding me faster

Does it release to the east coast first? I'm in VA and have been feverishly trying to manually pull the update.

Global Posts
    350 Global Posts

ok, found the problem, others may be doing this also.

I was downloading the update.zip with my xoom, then dropboxing it to my X, then running it...was not working, I just downloaded with my computer, then copied it to my X with windoes explorer and it worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Neurofunk View Post

I just updated my phone to GB. (.596, stock). I like it so far but it seems that the colors in photos don't look right. It's really noticeable in grey-scale pictures and almost looks like banding.

search feature inside of stock gmail app does not work. Did not work on .588, flashed back to froyo, it worked, does not work again back on stock .596... cant search for specific emails, just hangs at searching.

Quote Originally Posted by gbororats View Post
    search feature inside of stock gmail app does not work. Did not work on .588, flashed back to froyo, it worked, does not work again back on stock .596... cant search for specific emails, just hangs at searching.
    SBF'd to stock from Darkslide ROM and installed GB from TBH, gmail search is working for me.

Quote Originally Posted by vudugan View Post
    SBF'd to stock from Darkslide ROM and installed GB from TBH, gmail search is working for me.
    Are you stock or rooted? I am stock

It works just fine for me. Perhaps there's an app conflict with your phone.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the gmail app updates? might help things

Are you stock or rooted? I am stock
    I am rooted but don't think that would matter

Quote Originally Posted by vudugan View Post
    I am rooted but don't think that would matter
    I installed a home switcher and killed LPP and search works on blur, and appears to be a issue with the LPP and GB since it worked on froyo for me with LPP
    Thanked by:
    aldous 

got the update! d/l the zip file and about 25 min later BOOM! GINGERBREAD

Default Red M of death

did manual update.zip, the appropriate one for non-rooted device. Install seemed fine but now will not reboot past the red Motorola logo. Will not even let me use the reboot key combo (power, home). Nothing. Any ideas?

Default stock update.

updated no problem.Gingerbread seems to be a large improvement over froyo.Even got rid of some
    of my enhancement apps to try it all out.Interface and new app drawer and dock are nice.much smoother scrolling.You will definitely like this better than 2.2,I haven't ran across any problems yet.after twelve hours off charger battery still 90 percent.Havent played with it a lot today but still impressive.wifi good
    3g signal seems better also.I think this is a great step forward for the x.
    Last edited by randynbarb; 05-29-2011 at 07:14 PM.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

My yahoo mail isn't automatically notifying me since I upgraded. I restarted my phone twice and checked all the settings. Anyone else having this problem? I also have the backup assistant refresh arrows on my blue bar on the top the has not gone away since the upgrade....anyone else with these problems?????

Besides that im in love!!

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Trying to pull up a number in the dialer (from maps or even contacts) causes the dialer to close every time....
    4G LTE Thunderbolt

Quote Originally Posted by mandyed66 View Post
    My yahoo mail isn't automatically notifying me since I upgraded. I restarted my phone twice and checked all the settings. Anyone else having this problem? I also have the backup assistant refresh arrows on my blue bar on the top the has not gone away since the upgrade....anyone else with these problems?????

Besides that im in love!!
    I'm having the same issue with my Yahoo Mail. I also had that problem with .588. Everything else seems to be working just fine. Well, at least they got rid of that sync icon. I'm also very happy that the stock music player no longer plays album tracks in alphabetical order. YAY!!! I guess the improvements are good enough that I can learn to live with manually checking my Yahoo Mail until I get my new Droid Bionic!

By the way, I'm just a simple unrooted newbie whose most daring feat was sbf'ing back to stock Froyo 2.3.340 from 4.5.588 two weeks ago.

I seem to be having an issue with picassa. It has has asked me for user name and password two days in a row, and all I end up doing is confirming the information that it already has.

On the plus side my battery life seems to be a lot better thus far on my extended battery.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I've had my DX for about a month now, and knowing Gingerbread was just around the corner I've kept it stock rather than spending a lot of time customizing Froyo. Got tired of waiting for the OTA so I downloaded the full non-rooted update last night. LOVE IT!

• One thing I immediately noticed is that WiFi is much more stable for me than it used to be.
    • Really liking the App drawer groups, but it will take a (little) bit of getting used to the icon for the drawer no longer being in the center of the screen.
    • New VPN capabilities supporting IPSEC. Wohoo!!! Can't wait to try it out, this is huge for me.
    • Generally seems to be visually smoother than stock.

John

Quote Originally Posted by jmlivingston View Post
    I've had my DX for about a month now, and knowing Gingerbread was just around the corner I've kept it stock rather than spending a lot of time customizing Froyo. Got tired of waiting for the OTA so I downloaded the full non-rooted update last night. LOVE IT!

• One thing I immediately noticed is that WiFi is much more stable for me than it used to be.
    • Really liking the App drawer groups, but it will take a (little) bit of getting used to the icon for the drawer no longer being in the center of the screen.
    • New VPN capabilities supporting IPSEC. Wohoo!!! Can't wait to try it out, this is huge for me.
    • Generally seems to be visually smoother than stock.

John
    What are VPN capabilities and IPSEC? Sorry, not all of us are savvy with all the tech language.
    I'm in the SOAK and loving the new GB, trying to understand all the new capabilities. Just installed Netflix!

Quote Originally Posted by wabadroid View Post
    What are VPN capabilities and IPSEC? Sorry, not all of us are savvy with all the tech language.
    I'm in the SOAK and loving the new GB, trying to understand all the new capabilities. Just installed Netflix!
    It allows setting up an encrypted tunnel across the internet to allow secure access to servers sitting behind a firewall. Frequently used to get access to corporate servers when not physically onsite.
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast