Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I have the rooted GB that p3 just released and am running LPP.

The dialer is awesome now, there is no need to have a separate icon to search for contacts anymore.

I was having issues with my dialer force closing but it was because I froze all of the new authenticators (yahoo, facebook, myspace, okrut, etc.), once I unfroze them everything was good again.

My gmail search works perfectly.

Maps work very quickly so far for me, no freezing yet (fingers crossed)

I love all of the new icons in the notification bar (3g, gps, etc.)

I dont like that when I have an alarm set for 3 days from now it leaves an icon in the notification bar.

Netflix works on my phone now, I got the .apk from Droidlife

phone is definitely much faster and smoother.
    Galaxy Nexus S3

I really like this upgrade. I was on .595 before, and there are a number of improvements. I'm really glad they fixed the issue with the bottom keys, when using the dock...the bright lights were annoying at night. Overall the phone seems much smoother.

Anyone else having issues with image dithering?

found a fix for my search not working, i was using the Gmail widget from LPP, with that on the home screen the search didnt work, when i removed it the search worked in case anyone else winds up with the same problem.
    Androidoholic

Global Posts
    1,542 Global Posts

Hrmm..... This is taking a while to reboot after patch... Damn this is awesome.... This is what Android shoulda been from the start. Finallly a polished GUI.

Global Posts
    367 Global Posts

Found a problem, when using yellow book, you used to be able to touch the phjone number and it would launch in the dialer, now the dialer launches, but the number is not in it, you have to put it in manually

Quote Originally Posted by xoomer1 View Post
    Found a problem, when using yellow book, you used to be able to touch the phjone number and it would launch in the dialer, now the dialer launches, but the number is not in it, you have to put it in manually
    That sounds like an issue with the app more than anything.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

I noticed that you can no longer choose to show only fb or twitter contacts or what have you when choosing contacts to show updates from in a moto social networking widget, so you are forced to create groups...which can only contain 100 contacts each.

I have to say, though... blur has come a long way. I think the new tweaks are awesome. I can't believe how much better it is than 2.1, much less older moto devices. I now prefer it to sense, just a personal preference.

I am easily pulling down 1800+ quadrant scores, and everything feels snappier than ever.

Oh yeah and dark status bar is a nice thing to have out of the box. Now we are going to have to do white status bar mods!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ROM
    Unlock me for the Answer

Default For the X2?

Two Questions:

1- Can this update be applied to the X2?

2- If so, Why does the power/home combo not get me into recovery?

Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks
    Dead BB's tell no Tales!!!! Gave mine to Jimmy Hoffa, he said he has plenty of time to wait for RIM's Comeback!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mandyed66 View Post
    My yahoo mail isn't automatically notifying me since I upgraded. I restarted my phone twice and checked all the settings. Anyone else having this problem? I also have the backup assistant refresh arrows on my blue bar on the top the has not gone away since the upgrade....anyone else with these problems?????

Besides that im in love!!
    mandyed66,
    I think I've found a solution to our little Yahoo Mail issue! Download and install the Yahoo! Mail app from the market. Open up the app and add your Yahoo email account(s). Remove the Yahoo accounts from your Messaging app so you can receive your Yahoo emails through the Yahoo Mail app only. The Yahoo mail app will cause your LED indicator to flash purple when new Yahoo emails come in. Then, if you like, you may place a Yahoo Mail shortcut on your home screen for your convenience. After trying this, I really love this app because it behaves like the desktop Yahoo email web page by sending your junk emails directly to the spam and trash folders instead of your inbox. Now my Gingerbread is PERFECT since that was my only issue!

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Opening a contact closes the contact screen every time. Anyone else had this?
    Androidoholic

Global Posts
    1,542 Global Posts

Well after about 2 dozen reboots things seem to be pretty good now. I'm starting to enjoy this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignat64 View Post
    mandyed66,
    I think I've found a solution to our little Yahoo Mail issue! Download and install the Yahoo! Mail app from the market. Open up the app and add your Yahoo email account(s). Remove the Yahoo accounts from your Messaging app so you can receive your Yahoo emails through the Yahoo Mail app only. The Yahoo mail app will cause your LED indicator to flash purple when new Yahoo emails come in. Then, if you like, you may place a Yahoo Mail shortcut on your home screen for your convenience. After trying this, I really love this app because it behaves like the desktop Yahoo email web page by sending your junk emails directly to the spam and trash folders instead of your inbox. Now my Gingerbread is PERFECT since that was my only issue!

Can you manually retrieve the messages now as an option or is it still automatic?
    Androidoholic

Global Posts
    1,542 Global Posts

Anyone notice the original X Wallpaper is gone now? /sigh.

Global Posts
    758 Global Posts

everything seems noticeably faster. scrolling through home pages is very smooth. I enjoy the new blue/gray color scheme as well. haven't really ran into any issues yet

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

I spent over a day so far with this update and it is impressive. The update process was surprisingly easy. Thanks, TBH. It's quite smooth on the Blur launcher and LauncherPro Plus. Blue is my favorite color. So, the new Notification Bar pleases me a lot. HDMI out works really well. Had a few problems on Froyo. Overall, I think this update is the most flawless yet for me.

Everything is faster no issues and loaded the new netflix apk file last night streaming netflix like a champ un rooted

First problem found on the messaging app, when the call back number is pressed and held to automatically open the dialer and dial the number the phone does not transfer over the call back number to the dialer. But a manual copy and paste works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by mrspock2002 View Post
    Anyone notice the original X Wallpaper is gone now? /sigh.
    if you go into your wallpapers hit reset to default you get the X paper back

Global Posts
    758 Global Posts

the camera is not saving my settings. I'll take a photo, go take take another one in about an hour, and it defaults back to WS

Me and a friend are having an issue with the hard buttons on the bottom to not light up. We have to reboot the phone and it works and then at some point the buttons dont light up at all. I installed the official, signed non rooted stock version of gingerbread.

Any help is appreciated.

ROM
    2.3.3 (4.5.596)

Manual updater here.

Only 3 issues here:

1) The backlight on the bottom buttons do not turn off while in desktop/alarm clock dock.
    2) In the app launcher, if you hold on a application and select "Add to Home" nothing shows up on the desktop.
    3) Using Swype, if you double tap a word, it still brings up the cut/copy/paste interface. This is a problem since this is how Swype does corrections.

Can anyone else confirm these?

Quote Originally Posted by bleemus View Post
    Manual updater here.

Only 3 issues here:

1) The backlight on the bottom buttons do not turn off while in desktop/alarm clock dock.
    2) In the app launcher, if you hold on a application and select "Add to Home" nothing shows up on the desktop.
    3) Using Swype, if you double tap a word, it still brings up the cut/copy/paste interface. This is a problem since this is how Swype does corrections.

Can anyone else confirm these?
    3. In swype all you need to do is place the cursor in the word and then hit the swype button and it will change your word, you no longer need to highlite the whole thing unless you want to delete it completely.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    2.3.3 (4.5.596)

Quote Originally Posted by gbororats View Post
    3. In swype all you need to do is place the cursor in the word and then hit the swype button and it will change your word, you no longer need to highlite the whole thing unless you want to delete it completely.
    Sweet, thanks for the tip.

my contacts when using say the car dock for example (there are other places also), when i go to add a favorite it brings up all the numbers for my contacts...

example.

Google contacts has a mobile number and a home number for my dad.
    Phone contacts has a mobile number and a home number for my dad

When i pull up his name in the phone book to select a favorite (example) itll list 2 home numbers and 2 mobile numbers. The only way to fix it is to go into every one of my 200 contacts, menu, edit contact, menu, separate/unjoin each one or else it shows 4-5-6 numbers for every contact.

someone needs to make an app that auto unjoins all contacts.

Yes i am fully aware that you can change the visible groups in contacts, the only one i have set to show is my gmail contacts, nothing else.
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast