[OFFICIAL] Droid X Gingerbread Impressions and Issues

vudugan

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
mandyed66,
I think I've found a solution to our little Yahoo Mail issue! Download and install the Yahoo! Mail app from the market. Open up the app and add your Yahoo email account(s). Remove the Yahoo accounts from your Messaging app so you can receive your Yahoo emails through the Yahoo Mail app only. The Yahoo mail app will cause your LED indicator to flash purple when new Yahoo emails come in. Then, if you like, you may place a Yahoo Mail shortcut on your home screen for your convenience. After trying this, I really love this app because it behaves like the desktop Yahoo email web page by sending your junk emails directly to the spam and trash folders instead of your inbox. Now my Gingerbread is PERFECT since that was my only issue!

Can you manually retrieve the messages now as an option or is it still automatic?

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
everything seems noticeably faster. scrolling through home pages is very smooth. I enjoy the new blue/gray color scheme as well. haven't really ran into any issues yet

jaydiez10

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I spent over a day so far with this update and it is impressive. The update process was surprisingly easy. Thanks, TBH. It's quite smooth on the Blur launcher and LauncherPro Plus. Blue is my favorite color. So, the new Notification Bar pleases me a lot. HDMI out works really well. Had a few problems on Froyo. Overall, I think this update is the most flawless yet for me.

keithb2real

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
First problem found on the messaging app, when the call back number is pressed and held to automatically open the dialer and dial the number the phone does not transfer over the call back number to the dialer. But a manual copy and paste works fine.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
the camera is not saving my settings. I'll take a photo, go take take another one in about an hour, and it defaults back to WS

DJCUEBALL

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Me and a friend are having an issue with the hard buttons on the bottom to not light up. We have to reboot the phone and it works and then at some point the buttons dont light up at all. I installed the official, signed non rooted stock version of gingerbread.

Any help is appreciated.

bleemus

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Manual updater here.

Only 3 issues here:

1) The backlight on the bottom buttons do not turn off while in desktop/alarm clock dock.
2) In the app launcher, if you hold on a application and select "Add to Home" nothing shows up on the desktop.
3) Using Swype, if you double tap a word, it still brings up the cut/copy/paste interface. This is a problem since this is how Swype does corrections.

Can anyone else confirm these?

Last edited:

gbororats

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Manual updater here.

Only 3 issues here:

1) The backlight on the bottom buttons do not turn off while in desktop/alarm clock dock.
2) In the app launcher, if you hold on a application and select "Add to Home" nothing shows up on the desktop.
3) Using Swype, if you double tap a word, it still brings up the cut/copy/paste interface. This is a problem since this is how Swype does corrections.

3. In swype all you need to do is place the cursor in the word and then hit the swype button and it will change your word, you no longer need to highlite the whole thing unless you want to delete it completely.

Reactions: scottabutler

gbororats

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
my contacts when using say the car dock for example (there are other places also), when i go to add a favorite it brings up all the numbers for my contacts...

example.

Google contacts has a mobile number and a home number for my dad.
Phone contacts has a mobile number and a home number for my dad

When i pull up his name in the phone book to select a favorite (example) itll list 2 home numbers and 2 mobile numbers. The only way to fix it is to go into every one of my 200 contacts, menu, edit contact, menu, separate/unjoin each one or else it shows 4-5-6 numbers for every contact.

someone needs to make an app that auto unjoins all contacts.

Yes i am fully aware that you can change the visible groups in contacts, the only one i have set to show is my gmail contacts, nothing else.

jgunzz

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Everything seems to be working great. It was lagging a bit right after the install(loading apps, switching between homepage...etc) , but after few reboots and now it works fine.

I did notice one issue.. When using Vignette or Camera360, I can no longer mute the shutter sound. Even with Shutter sound off checked off. However, now I can mute the shutter sound on the built in camera app which I couldn't before. Not sure if this is a GB issue or just my phone...

fantasma4

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
the alarm/timer app has issues for me in the tab that is supposed to have the timer.... it is blank.

other wise... no issues that I have found yet.

cool new notification bar is a plus... darker colors and icons.

can't wait for apex 2.0

NegativeCreep

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
booberthecat, I installed p3droid's rooted .596 posted elsewhere on these boards.

I've posted in other threads but I might as well chime in here on the "official" thread.

STILL having the east-west reversal in Google Maps/Sky Maps/Nav that has been happening in each GB leak since .588. All third party maps and compass apps have no problem, and when I calibrate the compass, even THAT compass works properly once it turns green.

Let's see if I can remember exactly how it goes. In portrait, Google Maps/Sky Maps reverses east and west. In landscape, Sky Maps works fine but Maps has trouble turning a full 360 and will sort of swing back around as I approach turning from north around to south. It's weird and is certainly an issue with how Google's software is reading the hardware output since, again, third party apps work just fine.

bleemus

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Manual updater here.

Only 3 issues here:

OK, so #3 isn't an issue... and #1 seems to have fixed itself, as last night the button backlights didn't stay on.

#2 is still an issue, and still annoying... having to long hold and pick from the list for shortcuts is definitely the "scenic route" to adding things to the home screens. Does "Add to Home" work for anyone else?