- 06-01-2011, 02:13 PM #126
- 06-01-2011, 02:19 PM #127
- 06-01-2011, 02:25 PM #128
- 06-01-2011, 02:31 PM #129
- 06-01-2011, 02:56 PM #130
Downloaded and Running smoothly
I checked for the update at 4:30AM. It was these, so I downloaded it. It took about 5 minutes to D/L. The install took about the same. I have Launcher Pro and opted to keep it running. The update is lovely. The colors and graphics are richer. The flip between home pages is very smooth and quick. Every app I have tried has worked flawlessly.
I should stipulate that I was running an essentially stock X with Froyo in its latest version, everything up-to-date. I am very pleased with the upgrade. It had a nice clean look and feel. Battery use seems about the same as it has been. All in all, a very simple transition with very pleasing results.
- 06-01-2011, 03:22 PM #131
- 06-01-2011, 03:59 PM #132
- 06-01-2011, 04:30 PM #133
- 06-01-2011, 04:34 PM #134
gotten to spend a few days with the update. love the UI tweaks and look for the most part. really like the revamped dialer and app drawer. might actually end up keeping this thing stock for a while (who am i kidding? ).
only annoying bug that has cropped up it that after making a phone call in the car dock, for some reason, once i take it off, the phone defaults to speakerphone mode. minor inconvenience though
- 06-01-2011, 04:43 PM #136
- 06-01-2011, 05:12 PM #137
- 06-01-2011, 05:25 PM #138
Some guy got lazy and forgot to put in a line of code to make it auto-off.
I was on .588 for awhile. So, I will cover the differences from that leak to the current REAL official build (as most people are probably already aware of the obvious changes from froyo to ginger)
Sadly there was no easy way for non-rooted users to upgrade their software. So just as many did I had to use RSD lite and SBF BACK to froyo, then pull the OTA.
It was okay, minus several apps in the market not existing to that specific build. Thankfully this newest build fixed all of that.
It was also slow on the keyboard. To the point that I could type out two sentences before the phone actually inputted it. It would buffer the whole dang thing. Very annoying when you find out you made a typo a paragraph back 0_o; Thankfully that has also been fixed.
Overall speed has also improved from .588. That is a big plus as it would lock down easily.
I didn't have any problems with maps E/W switching. Only with my actual GPS receiver going on the fritz. I blame .588 for this, as it has now been solved. (despite the ignorance of the verizon wireless employee who told me my phone wasn't a "satellite" phone and had NO GPS communication, *****).
So my speed is up, all my apps are compatible. My amazon store had all my apps in it no problem (Although the market didn't re-download ALL of my old apps, just a strange selection of them. Oddly lacking facebook and such). My GPS is working like a charm.
So there we goDroid--->Droid----->Droid-------->Droid2----->DroidX---->DroidX---->DroidX------>iPhone4
I am seeing a pattern here................
- 06-01-2011, 05:52 PM #139
- 384 Posts
Update has been working great for me since I pulled it in last night. My phone is running the best it has ever ran. To the people who cant get it to work without getting an error you can't be rooted or froze any bloatware and can not have any thing remaining from bootstrap. Best thing to do is sfb back then it should work. Did mine a few weeks ago.
- 06-01-2011, 06:13 PM #140
- 06-01-2011, 06:23 PM #141
- 06-01-2011, 07:06 PM #142
- 9 Posts
Ok I got the update a while ago. After several days of fooling around with it..I have gone back to my LPP, clearing out my other Launchers.
Issues I see or having:
1. My circle arrow, never goes away.
2. More bloatware why do I need or want Google Books (just an example)
3. Gmail is slower, I get notifications much slower than previouse.
4. The shading between un/read messages in Gmail is hardly noticeble, come on Light Grey or Lighter Grey!!!
5. Battery life has gone to CRAP!!!
6. I had to change some default issues, ie phone dialer, when someone calls it was on Repeat Caller ID
7. Constant FB notifications on messages I have already dismissed.
8. Speaker issue, lower call volume harder to hear ppl. When connected dock to premium speakers TONS of Distortion(sp) do not put volume on FULL ever
Yeah just give me back Froyo!!
- 06-01-2011, 07:19 PM #143MacGyver Wannabe
- 608 Posts
After a few days with GB, the only real problem I've run into with my contacts.
I can only change a few fields when editing contacts; I no longer have access to fully array of details. I can't set custom ringtones by editing contacts. I can't edit birthdays. In fact, I don't see ringtones that have been assigned (via Ringdroid) or birthdays even listed when I edit contacts.
- 06-01-2011, 07:33 PM #144
- 17 Posts
I think birthdays might be a field from facebook? I don't remember editing birthdays in froyo either.
- 06-01-2011, 07:37 PM #145
- 6 Posts
ok I waited for the update..it went fine...love it cept for 1 thing and i need help with it..the sync arrrow icon that would come up for gmail etc is stuck up on the notification bar. it looks like my gmail is syncing all the time, but it isnt. and i takes forever to sync gmail now.
how do I get this to go away?
- 06-01-2011, 07:41 PM #146
- 494 Posts
I just downloaded gingerbread. Took only about 10 minutes to install. So far just had to reset my apps to the icons on the dock. I do notice a little lower bars on my signal strength. Use to be 4 bars in my room, now down to 2. Haven't played around with everything yet, so not sure if any problems. I like the new look. LPP seems to be working fine. I'll be back to write more if I encounter any problems.
- 06-01-2011, 08:02 PM #147
I downloaded and installed this morning. I didn't have to do much of anything to get my phone back to the way it was. It was already there. The only things I've noticed thus far is:
1) Battery has gotten worse. I have an extended battery and it used to go about 4 hours or so before it fell from 100% to 90%. Now it takes about an hour.
2) Related to 1 I think. My display is showing that it's at 70% or higher on the battery meter. It never, EVER, got above 40% before the update. Something's not right.
3) Oh, and the bottom lights below the screen won't come on even in a pretty dark room. I've heard it reacts to the light sensor now, but somehow that can't be true. Where is the light sensor anyway?
Last edited by CDEFG...; 06-01-2011 at 08:11 PM.
- 06-01-2011, 09:26 PM #148
finished updating to gingerbread everything seems to be working fine, except a few hiccups on launcher pro..nothing a few battery pulls didnt solve. as for my tethering app, feels like it's gotten better been on a stable connection without any interruptions. currently using easy tether pro. I have noticed though battery seems to drain more rapidly and my led notification light isn't responding to missed calls or text messages ...
- 06-01-2011, 09:35 PM #149
- 06-01-2011, 09:36 PM #150
- 17 Posts
- Apex 7.2 w/ Talon 0.3.1
I've already searched the thread so I'm sorry if this has been discussed but...
My roommate just updated his phone with the OTA update tonight. Now whenever he boots the phone, it constantly soft boots to the point you can't do anything on it. I booted it into recovery to find the update.zip but it was gone. It seems to run fine until that Lookout security app loads then it breaks down. Anyone else experiencing this?
Coming from a Captivate user, my only idea would be to SBF to Froyo then try it again.iPhone 3G: Jailbreak w/ Bootable Gingerbread
iPhone 4: Returned
Stock ROM Rooted w/ Voodoo Lagfix
Cognition 2, 3, 4
Apex 7.2 (Current)