how to backup and restore sms messages after gb update

fallensoulja

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
hey guys so im planning to upgrade my droid x which is currently on froyo (running liberty rom 2.0.1) to official rooted GingerBread and i have some very important text messages that i don't want to lose is there any app that i can get that will allow me to backup and restore my sms with the correct timestamps and both incoming/outgoing messages?

please reply soon as i really want to upgrade but cant because i need to keep my sms messages lol

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
'sms backup and restore' will allow you to back up your messages on a .xml file, and then restore them to your messaging app after the update. you might lose things like timestamps, but youll still have the messages

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Is there one that backs up MMS messages too?

Sprite Mobile and Titanium Backup can do the MMS also..

attachment.php

bor999

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Sprite Mobile and Titanium Backup can do the MMS also..

attachment.php

Is that the Sprite Backup 2.4 app? $4.95?
I backed up everything to Titanium. But I need to SBF back to stock froyo before installing gingerbread, so hopefully all the SMS/MMS messages will be there when I restore them.

fallensoulja

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Hey I already sbf'ed back to stock froyo and installed gingerbread, I backed up my sms using "sms backup and restore" and it restored all my sms messages perfectly only downside is that the timestamp is not there so I received/sent a thousand+ messages yesterday lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Is that the Sprite Backup 2.4 app? $4.95?
I backed up everything to Titanium. But I need to SBF back to stock froyo before installing gingerbread, so hopefully all the SMS/MMS messages will be there when I restore them.

Yes that is the app I am speaking of..

Hey I already sbf'ed back to stock froyo and installed gingerbread, I backed up my sms using "sms backup and restore" and it restored all my sms messages perfectly only downside is that the timestamp is not there so I received/sent a thousand+ messages yesterday lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

This is why I use Sprite Mobile because its the only one I have had luck with restore messages correctly other than Titanium.... I use Sprite when I'm not rooted and Titanium when I am rooted.