Stock Rooted Froyo --> Rooted GB???

EpicInUtah

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I have read and read and read and read trying to get this question answered. I am currently running stock froyo and have rooted w/ z4root.

I would like to update to the rooted GB build that I have seen in this thread Official DX Gingerbread 2.3.3 (4.5.596) Release Thread - Something for everyone

There are a bunch of options there for the update and I want to make sure that I am going to get the correct install done. Don't want to have to deal w/ looping boot loaders etc lol

My question is, which route do I go to upgrade from Stock rooted froyo to a rooted build of GB.

Also, I have read on a few forums that the wireless tether is not working with the rooted GB. Can someone here confirm this? If this is the case I would probably rather stick w/ my rooted froyo so I can use the wireless tether. Use it quite often and would hate to lose it.

Thanks as always!!!

richman10302

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I went the stock 2.2.1 installed z4root,used droid2 bootstraper and installed the zip files...no issues eveeything went smooth now but wireless tether does not work for me..for free atleast i tested it on my laptop just brings me to the screen with the montly payment options for it

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Flawson

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
If you are rooted already and running otherwise completely stock (all bloatware intact I think is also necessary), then all you need to do is download the 2 files (part 1 and 2), have the d2 bootstrapper installed, boot into recovery (I also have clockwork recovery installed), then install from the menu part one then part two. Takes all of five minutes. I lost no data or apps.
I do not know about tether, haven't tried it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

blaidth

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I did 2 file method root gb as well. I see tether turn on, will test tomorrow with my nook color to see if it works or not. But it seems to turn on at least.

_____ Couldn't get my nook color to accept an IP from my phone. Not sure if it works then. Maybe my settings were off, but could be broke for now?

Last edited: