Help, tried to SBF back to stock and now I have the infinite-loop

bor999

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I can't get my phone to work.

I used the instructions here:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/motorola-x-rooting-roms-hacks/83583-updated-sbf-instructions-gb.html

I keep getting stuck here:
6.Start (Device will switch to bootloader and begin the flashing process and will reboot when it is complete.)
NOTE: Sometime installation hangs at 100% and reports to manual reboot, at this point you have to pull battery, unplug cable and enter back into Bootloader mode by pressing Volume Down + Camera + Power and then plug cable back in. RSDLite should read Complete Successful after connecting and then you can power down,

It just keeps the boot animation looping. What can I do to fix this?

EDIT: Just take out the battery, hold home and power as you boot your phone and do the factory reset.

Last edited:

bor999

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Just my 2 cents,i also did the wipe cache too and it just seems to make it run better

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Yea, I should have watched the whole video before freaking out. Just thought I "bricked" my phone. It works now. Now time for Gingerbread...

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I can't get my phone to work.

I used the instructions here:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/motorola-x-rooting-roms-hacks/83583-updated-sbf-instructions-gb.html

I keep getting stuck here:
6.Start (Device will switch to bootloader and begin the flashing process and will reboot when it is complete.)
NOTE: Sometime installation hangs at 100% and reports to manual reboot, at this point you have to pull battery, unplug cable and enter back into Bootloader mode by pressing Volume Down + Camera + Power and then plug cable back in. RSDLite should read Complete Successful after connecting and then you can power down,

It just keeps the boot animation looping. What can I do to fix this?

EDIT: Just take out the battery, hold home and power as you boot your phone and do the factory reset.

I've found that it works best if you remove the sd card when doing the sbf. Only save pics and docs on the sd card and then format it before frothing it to the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781