Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    BEACH BUM

Global Posts
    1,947 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock : Rooted, Unlocked

Default It's Official Gingerbread Rolling out NOW.

Ok, so I just hit the update on my phone and it is starting to officially roll out!

Here is a screenshot:

Last edited by Ricky Babalu; 05-31-2011 at 11:41 PM.

Running gingerbread right now from the ota update. No complaints so far!

Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    ROM
    JBSourcery, Nilsp's ICS

lol, i had just spent the last hour or so reading about installing the leaked GB because i was tired of waiting.. bounced over here, saw this post, and hit update on my phone and yeah.. its coming in now.. 40% now.. and going good and fast..

cheers

I've been hitting update all day to no avail, but right before I got ready for bed, I decided to try and update the phone and lo and behold, update time! I hit update around 10:30PM, PST, so far i'm at 20% and it's downloading steadily!
    Press ALT-F4 to see nudes

Global Posts
    389 Global Posts

Haha crap beat my writing a post on my iPad
    HTC Rezound, IPad2, and Galaxy Tab 10.1

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    ROM
    GB 2.3.3

Done and running!
    KJ

Ijust downloaded it... I'm not sure I like the changes to the look.

Running gb from the ota update. Working flawlessly so far.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Installing now! It's like leveling up!

Sent from my Xoom
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    BEACH BUM

Global Posts
    1,947 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock : Rooted, Unlocked

I "Froze" the updater, and I am going to wait to see how things pan out with GB.

Global Posts
    579 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS!

Tried updating the old ladies phone 4 times and they've all failed to install..... gonna keep trying though!
    Press ALT-F4 to see nudes

Global Posts
    389 Global Posts

I like the aesthetic changes so far but I need to go to bed. Guess I will have to play with it more tomorrow
    HTC Rezound, IPad2, and Galaxy Tab 10.1

Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    ROM
    JBSourcery, Nilsp's ICS

LOVE THIS! The new look is awesome. So far so great. Can't wait to see how it functions after a day or two of steady use.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

Updated to GB around 2:29 am.
    Couldn't sleep,so I decided to check for the update, it was there so I updated.
    No problems so far, just trying to get used to the new colors, and GB in general.
    Not sure how I feel about it yet, gonna give it a few days and see how it grows on me.
    Now just hoping Z4 will come up with a one click root option soon. :-)

ROM
    Stock GB

Anyone having problems with the GPS with this version? I'm running the leaked .588 and it takes a few minutes to find the gps satellites now.

Got mine this morning 3am eastern time. Staten Island NY, everything good!
    Last edited by sonofdroid; 06-01-2011 at 07:10 AM.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    ROM
    STOCK

Updated mine and it went thru fine but it is really slow and laggy. Did a few battery pulls but I think there is an app running the background that isnt playing nice with GB, I think its the one that lets me control settings from the notification bar.

Update* Yeah the app Bar Control was messing with the OS. Once I got rid of it, it seems to be running fine now.
    Last edited by albokay; 06-01-2011 at 06:39 AM.

Yeah..I unrooted and nothing is frozen from titanium...and it fails update...oh great!

FAIL !

Sent from my awesome rooted Droid X on tapatalk

Rooted last night and then instantly regretted it because I remembered this was rolling out today. Downloading right now, fingers crossed it installs.

Obviously they're vastly different devices, but when I was on my rooted and rom'd Fascinate, it just wouldn't even recognize that an update was available. That's not so with the DX? I hadn't had a chance to rom it last night or get rid of any bloatware. I was just surprised that it even recognized that the OTA was available. I'm currently sitting at about 45% installed.
    Last edited by Proletariat; 06-01-2011 at 07:16 AM. Reason: added question

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    ROM
    STOCK

Can anyone access the clear cache menu from power up? I get the exclamation point but pressing the magnifying glass doesn't open the menu.

Just got a phone call and I couldnt answer it. Pressing answer did nothing. Love these update hassles.

ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2

Quote Originally Posted by albokay View Post
    Can anyone access the clear cache menu from power up? I get the exclamation point but pressing the magnifying glass doesn't open the menu.

Just got a phone call and I couldnt answer it. Pressing answer did nothing. Love these update hassles.
    Hold Home, power and when its time, click both vol up/down buttons, not the magnifying glass. That will bring up the MOTO recovery screen
    Yea, I'm still rockin' a Gnex. The signal strength/quality sucks, but hey, it's not two years old yet.
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,017 Global Posts

Got mine this morning. So far I like the UI tweaks.

Update: Gingerbread install successful on rooted DX. Again, I hadn't had a chance to remove bloatware or rom it, but... there ya go. Just waiting for reboot to complete.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    ROM
    STOCK

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyboy357 View Post
    Hold Home, power and when its time, click both vol up/down buttons, not the magnifying glass. That will bring up the MOTO recovery screen
    Thanks. If this doesnt work ill have to do a wipe. I dont think ive had an update go smooth once. For some reason the screen just freezes. I finally made a phone call but it froze and I couldnt hang up. Then after a minute it hung up.

Last update. Gingerbread OTA sucessfully installed on my rooted DX. It broke root, but that's ok. takes two seconds to re-root. I did have some issues with Go Launcher EX so I uninstalled that. I was going to anyhow to see how I liked the new stock interface. With the two seconds I've been able to play with it, I think it's pretty slick.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast