Formatting SD card, before and after.

Yeargh

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I've just formatted my SD card in my Droid X after the GB update. Files were corrupted crazy and I could'nt pull them out because of either parameters incorrect, or files missing etc etc. I formatted the card under the options in the phone, however I want to make sure it is completely wiped and no files can be "discovered." How can I completely wipe the SD card for personal safety, and after I wipe it clean, what do I do for files? After wiping it the first time, the only folders and files it had was .android secure, android and LOST.DIR. I want to put music and pictures etc etc, but I dont know what to do.. Please help.

Philip600rr

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
After you format it via your phone those files are automatically installed. Check your memory. I have a 16gb card and14.7gb is free with nothing on it.

warwickmon

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
I just upgraded my 2GB card to a 32 GB card. I first connected to my PC. Running XP. I created a directory and copied and pasted the entire contents of the SD card to the new directory on the PC. Then I forgot to unmount the SD card on the phone. Shut down phone. Removed 2 GB card and replaced with new 32 GB card (Sandisk Class 4 32 GB card). I restarted phone. I went to reformat card under Settings but that was grayed out. I checked the Status and the 32GB card was there (~29.2 free). I reconnected to PC. There were 3 folders on the new card. I went into those folders and made sure I copied all the contents from the backup into those folders. Then I went to the uppermost folder and copied all the old folders to the new card. Then I disconnected from PC. Restarted phone just in case. Phone came up. I went into my gallery to check if pictures were there. They were. I think I am good to go. No re-format was necessary. BTW, I got my 32 GB card $40 on Amazon.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Root it and allow access to hidden folders will also help. Not sure if you can do that via your PC. Root Explorer will let you deeper into the system and go from r/w to r/o and vice versa. Been a while since I wanted to go that extreme w my SD card. what the hell did you have on there,lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz